Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the south texas sun has gotten to my FX. the window trim on both sides is starting to peel. its a clear coat over the black trim. i just want to know if there is anything out there that can safely remove it. i dont think there is a TSB on this. any suggestions will help because it looks horrible like scratches all over the trim.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
There is a TSB on the black outside trim that runs all the way around the windows on the outside. They dealer replaces it. But I am not sure what you are talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trim on the side door windows, front and back. the trip around the side windows. the dealer will replace free with a TSB?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Any one knows what the TSB number is?

The window trims do peel/crack if they are black, I just had it replaced by Infiniti no charge. These are pricey - for all trims it was like $400-600 for parts alone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats really good if they do the replacement for free. so TSB will be covered by infiniti, no matter what year the fx?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
CorpusMarine said:
trim on the side door windows, front and back. the trip around the side windows. the dealer will replace free with a TSB?
if out of warranty I don't think cosmetic TSBs are covered -

·
Registered
187 Posts
medic said:
CorpusMarine said:
if out of warranty I don't think cosmetic TSBs are covered -
I had these trims replaced by Infiniti - even out of warranty :D

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin Number: Bulletin Date: 27-Aug-2003 DOOR SASH / MOLDING POOR APPEARANCE

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i found the TSB, printed it, and my VIN falls within range. so i call the local dealer, and they say "no, the only TSB we will repair out of warranty is the bubbling dash". so, i emailed Infiniti headquarters and we will see if they help me out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue and not finding a lot in the forums. The window trim at the bottom of all the windows is peeling. Its the clear surface on the black trim, and at every door. I contacted Infiniti consumer affairs and they would not repair out of warranty for me.

So if I wanted to replace myself, I think it'd be about $100 per door - https://discountinfinitiparts.com/parts/2004/Infiniti/FX35/Base?siteid=215255&vehicleid=186528&diagram=3850475 - can anyone help me verify this is the right part number? Also, any best practices in getting them off and on?

Also, any experience on being able to refinish them in some way, maybe paint them?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i found the TSB, printed it, and my VIN falls within range. so i call the local dealer, and they say "no, the only TSB we will repair out of warranty is the bubbling dash". so, i emailed Infiniti headquarters and we will see if they help me out!
CorpusMarine, did you have any luck with Infiniti replacing these for you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
****, wife is griping about these lower window trim pieces. I can't believe how much these things cost. To keep her from wanting a new car i'm going to have to fix leather on front seats and do these trim pieces.
Has anybody removed and painted these? Wonder what that spray on truck bedliner stuff would look like. Or just a matt black.....
2006 FX35

Also, if I might ask, how are these pieces removed?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
****, wife is griping about these lower window trim pieces. I can't believe how much these things cost. To keep her from wanting a new car i'm going to have to fix leather on front seats and do these trim pieces.
Has anybody removed and painted these? Wonder what that spray on truck bedliner stuff would look like. Or just a matt black.....
2006 FX35

Also, if I might ask, how are these pieces removed?
Probably the easiest and most cost effective fix would be to wrap them. Check on Youtube for how to wrap parts of the car. I've never done it, but quite a few people have mentioned how it was much easier than they thought it would be (first time attempts)...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts