Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just attempted to mount a new 2006 FX45 sport grille to my 2005 FX35 and it is a no go. However, There are a total of 4 grilles for 2006. Two for each model, sport and regular. When I ordered originally I was told only about 3 of the grilles so unfortunately, I either guessed wrong or they just won't work.

Stupid question: Is there any difference between 2003-2005 FX 35 and FX 45 grilles?

There may be a difference between 06 FX35 and FX45 grilles so I'm debating whether to risk ordering an 06 FX35 sport grille. Perhaps it's best if I order an 05 FX35 sport grille at the same time to avoid another week of no grille action. :oops:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Is it the mounts that are different? I have my new 05 sport grille at home in the box. I can take pictures of the mounts if you need them.

What doesn't fit? I will give you a thanks for guinea pigging yourself. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, it didn't fit because it actually was too tall for our opening. The top part which is retained with the 4 push screws sits about an inch too high which not only looks dumb but prevents the hood from closing.

Forever drama this week...... :cry:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the push pin retainers on the sides of the grill are off by about a half an inch versus our mounting holes.

My hope is that for some reason, the 06 FX45 is different than the 06 FX35. I have no idea why the **** they have 4 different grilles for 06. Logic would dictate that this would be very costly for Infiniti. Last I checked, there were only 2 grilles for us old timers- chrome and smoke chrome. Was there different part numbers between 45's and 35's though?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's official- There was only one grill offered for 2003-2004 FX 35 and 45 which was chrome. 2005 has two grilles- chrome and dark color.

It figures then that 2006 has to have 4! :evil: Nothing is ever easy my friends. I'll order the 06 FX35 dark color grill and see what happens. Joe's going to love me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of the the 2006 Grilles will fit our older models without the new bumper design. The hoods all have the same part number from 03-06 but the darn bumpers are different. Sorry guys...I tried!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
IronChef2005 said:
None of the the 2006 Grilles will fit our older models without the new bumper design. The hoods all have the same part number from 03-06 but the darn bumpers are different. Sorry guys...I tried!
Yes officer, that **** car in front of me just backed up and hit me! :shock: ... :idea: I blew my horn, but I think the driver was on a cell phone, it's not too bad, just a grille and front fashia ... oh and yeah fog lights too - thanks for the accident report officer, have a nice day. :D http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8654 < for future searchers.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Yes officer, that **** car in front of me just backed up and hit me! :shock: ... :idea: I blew my horn, but I think the driver was on a cell phone, it's not too bad, just a grille and front fashia ... oh and yeah fog lights too - thanks for the accident report officer, have a nice day. :D
Dirty dirty dirty... did I mention illegal? :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cube said:
PINITI-FX said:
Yes officer, that **** car in front of me just backed up and hit me! :shock: ... :idea: I blew my horn, but I think the driver was on a cell phone, it's not too bad, just a grille and front fashia ... oh and yeah fog lights too - thanks for the accident report officer, have a nice day. :D
Let’s not get started on this :D . 6 months ago as I was waiting for the traffic light one guy rear ended my car, not a lot of damage, just a few marks from his license plate but still. We decided to move off the road and guess what after we exchanged information.

As I was taking off he :evil: called his insurance company to file a claim, he said that he didn’t hit me, then he changed his version the next day and said he indeed hit me as I was waiting for the traffic light but after we exchanged information he said I went into reverse and hit him so hard damaging his bumper. He said he honked, I ignored him and fled the scene. By the time my insurance got a hold of him to inspect his car he said he had already fixed the bumper and paid cash.

At the end it was a 50 – 50 deal. I was furious and upset :evil: because it was just not fair, I take care of my cars very well and I have never been in an accident. Anyway, I decided not to pursue the case since it was relatively small and there were not witnesses. It was a no win situation for me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
RoadMaster said:
Cube said:
PINITI-FX said:
Let’s not get started on this :D . 6 months ago as I was waiting for the traffic light one guy rear ended my car, not a lot of damage, just a few marks from his license plate but still. We decided to move off the road and guess what after we exchanged information.

As I was taking off he :evil: called his insurance company to file a claim, he said that he didn’t hit me, then he changed his version the next day and said he indeed hit me as I was waiting for the traffic light but after we exchanged information he said I went into reverse and hit him so hard damaging his bumper. He said he honked, I ignored him and fled the scene. By the time my insurance got a hold of him to inspect his car he said he had already fixed the bumper and paid cash.

At the end it was a 50 – 50 deal. I was furious and upset :evil: because it was just not fair, I take care of my cars very well and I have never been in an accident. Anyway, I decided not to pursue the case since it was relatively small and there were not witnesses. It was a no win situation for me.

anytime there is a rear end accident the person who hit the rear of the other vehicle is at fault unless they can prove otherwise. Your insurance company should have pursued this. Hopefully you didnt get a point or increased rate for this.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
So if we change our bumpers we can have the 06 and up grille also, cool!

Maybe we need to talk to joe and see if he can start a GB on 06 front bumpers, 06 fog lights, and 06 grilles... I'm in. :twisted: :shock: :? :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts