Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering forgestar f14 rims from B2autodesigns. He quoted me the price for 20"x9.0 offset 30. How will they fit on my 2010 infiniti fx35 AWD?

and I was planning to get yokohama parada 265/50/r20. Are these right?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
The stock wheels on the 2010 FX35 AWD are either:

18" x 8.0", +50 offset, 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern, with 265/60-18 tires
20" x 8.0", +50 offset, 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern, with 265/50-20 tires

In either case, the width and offset remain the same. Basically when going with aftermarket wheels, you want to make sure you get a wheel that "sits" similarly to the stock wheel, or sits a little further out. A good way to determine if the wheel/tire package you are considering will fit similarly to the stock wheels/tires is to use this Wheel Offset Calculator ---> http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp. You can punch in the stock wheel dimensions and then the aftermarket wheel dimensions to see the difference. Those Forgestar F14 wheels have specs of 20" x 9.0". +35 offset, 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern. That means the outer edge will extend/stick out 28mm further than the stock wheels. That is fine, and it will look a little better than the stock wheels.

As for the tires you chose, the 265/50-20s are designed for wheels with a width of 7.5" to 9.5". Which means that yes they will fit the 9" wide wheels you chose perfectly fine. I wouldn't suggest any other size.

Post up some pics when you get them installed ---> viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10196

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I knew someone who didn't bother to respond to the original question was going to correct me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that calculator is really useful.

My mistake. The vendor told me the offset is 35 instead of 30. Therefore using the calculator it extends out 5mm

·
Registered
192 Posts
GixxerSteve said:
I knew someone who didn't bother to respond to the original question was going to correct me.

Why take such offense, none was meant by mine..

As for the original question, you answered it nicely. However the offset you listed was wrong, which is why I chimed in. As a moderator I would imagine you encourage the passage of correct information within this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
PMG said:
Offset is actually +50..
Just for my own edification, where did you verify this?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
prestorunner said:
My understanding is offset of 1st gen fx is +50
First gen is also +40...

prestorunner said:
My mistake. The vendor told me the offset is 35 instead of 30. Therefore using the calculator it extends out 5mm
Actually... since the rim is 9 inches instead of 8 inches, it'll stick out an addition +13 mm making the total +18 mm...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels.. What color did you get? With that offset and width it should look pretty good; ~.5" further out than stock.. Make sure you post up some pics when you get it installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Silver.

it's hard to picture how the width will affect the look. I will put up some pic when I get them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still waiting for my wheels. Received the tires from tirerack already.

Just wonder what are ppl's opinions on TPMS. They are about $110 each from Infiniti dealer. The dealer said every time I change tires (2 sets), they need to register the sensors. Costs $60 each time including tires swap. Is this something other tire shops can do? or only at dealership? The other option is to go without TPMS, then the warning light will be on (no beep?)

The guy at Infiniti was telling me how police might give me tickets for not having the TPMS, if they stop me and see the warning light....

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
prestorunner said:
The guy at Infiniti was telling me how police might give me tickets for not having the TPMS, if they stop me and see the warning light....
That's complete BS... just a way that they can upsell you and FORCE you to do the reset every time you change your tires... I got my TPMS from TIRE RACK as well as my tires and rims... about $200 for the whole set I think... haven't had them programmed yet though so my light always comes on when I put on my summer tires... lol...

·
Registered
192 Posts
prestorunner said:
the programming has to be done at the dealer?
Not necessarily, call around and ask shops if they have the consult machine.. There's a local place by me that charges half what the dealer charges..

*** if you're ever in the Toronto area there's a tire place called Kipling Tire that can do all of them for $30. They are located on 837 Kipling Ave just north of Queensway.***

Can also find aftermarket tpms from here: http://revolutionsupply.com/(S(koxp5r55d4xj1i45ipnqho2l))/TPMS/AppGuide.aspx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So what do most people here do? Do you just let the light on or do you really get them programmed each time you change your wheels?

·
Registered
192 Posts
prestorunner said:
So what do most people here do? Do you just let the light on or do you really get them programmed each time you change your wheels?
If I can find a place that will charge ~$30 to program, then I personally would do it. No use in having a feature and not utilizing it...

BTW, it's been more than 6 weeks since your order, have you received the rims yet? I thought forgestar had a lead time of 4-6 weeks......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah. I just got them on. I ended up getting new tpms for the new rims. The wheels turn out to be great! The silver is the same as the oem 18" rims, which is what i want.

I am not sure how to post pictures here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts