Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Err, there are a few moving parts in this question so bear with me... I need a little help figuring out if what I'm being told is true.

For those of you who have aftermarket rims, are you still running on stock Goodyear 265/50/20 tires?

With this tire size, are your rims 20x8.5 or 20x9.5?

·
Registered
70 Posts
since i can't answer any of ur questions, ill sure as **** add to them :lol:

im planning on buying 22" X 10" rims with my fx. I want to know if a) they will fit
b) will they stick out too much
c) will height 40 tires make it rub into the inside of the fender on full turns?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I went with 20x9 and you could feel the improvement over 8".About the same gain as STB honest(more side bite).I just switched tires(29000) and went with 265/45x20 Toyo.I thought I could live with the 45 aspect on our rough streets,I read all the reports and felt the tire was softer riding than the Goodyears.With AWD traction was not an issue.The torque converter allowed me to spin the stock so a slippier tire would help starts even more.The 9" make the tire hold on corners and the thread will work in the snow/rain.It is working

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just wanted to add my thoughts as I'm looking at 20x10"/11" rr or 19"x10"s rr on my other vehicle soon.

265 mm tire widths, with a 50% aspect ratio should really fit a 9.0" rim for maximum performance. The "European performance-look" would be P265s on 9.0" rims. 8.0" stock is too narrow as you can see by the way our P265/50xR20s sits at 32psi cold. Even over-inflated @ 40+psi , the sidewall still doesn't sit flush with the rim as it bulges quite a bit. Furthermore, the OEM contact patch is wider than the OEM 8.0" rim. Compared to nearly flush tires (perfect look imo) at 215mm on the common 7.0" rim we are lacking a lot of wheel for P265s even though the FX is an SUV. 245s match 8.0" rim widths excellently with a ~ 1.6" greater tire width (sidewall edge to sidewall edge).

20x9.5" wheels are great wearing P275/285 (285 ideal) and 20"x10" wheels with P285 & 295/xxZR20s (295s ideal) with the proper aspect ratios. We're talking about best dry-road performance with minimum sidewall flex and best "look." Of course, you need the proper wheel offsets to match wheel width when upsizing. Aspect ratios will then help you determine a compromise between ride quality, sidewall flex, the look you like best and handling trade-offs beyond the discussion of tire widths alone.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hm478 said:
since i can't answer any of ur questions, ill sure as **** add to them :lol:

im planning on buying 22" X 10" rims with my fx. I want to know if a) they will fit
b) will they stick out too much
c) will height 40 tires make it rub into the inside of the fender on full turns?

thanks
I think jimsbmw is running 22x10 right now, suggest you PM him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts