Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the +2 mod done and absolutely love it!! The difference is certainly noticeable across the rpm range (particularly low rpm). This leads to a question I have....has anyone done a dyno pull before and after the +2 mod?? I'm curious to see what kind of results this mod yields.
FUNBOSS

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I disagree with JB.
I felt a change when I did the +2, but its a small difference. :)
JB has a technosquare tune, so anything else he bashes 0X :twisted:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
btw, the mods dont like multiple posts :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
themerchant said:
I don't see any posts pertaining to +2 dyno results?! If there is, than please point me in the right direction, I'd love to see the results!

btw- any mod you can "feel" are not placebo effects! There certainly is a noticeable difference, even if it is minimal :D

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I did one, I think I gained 1 HP. Unfortunately I lost the graphs. :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
themerchant said:
LOL. Really? :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
What's a +2 mod? Thought that had to do with tires...

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I was just saying the op posted the same question on another thread ... ::?

codeggs: +2 refers to timing not wheel size :)

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
FUNBOSS said:
I recently had the +2 mod done and absolutely love it!! The difference is certainly noticeable across the rpm range (particularly low rpm). This leads to a question I have....has anyone done a dyno pull before and after the +2 mod?? I'm curious to see what kind of results this mod yields.
FUNBOSS
Is this on a 45 or 35? I don't know about DYNO but back in the day when I did mine there was barely noticeable low end difference. So you are not going to have much HP gains just from +2. That said the TS ECU flash was the most significant gain on my 45. If you have a 45 I highly recommend it.

With +2, Intake, TS ECU plus tunning to make sure you don't run too lean will give you real HP gains.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
themerchant said:
I disagree with JB.
I felt a change when I did the +2, but its a small difference. :)
JB has a technosquare tune, so anything else he bashes 0X :twisted:
I did the +2 BEFORE i had technosquare, and I didn't feel a thing...its definitely placebooo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GAZZZAN said:
FUNBOSS said:
FUNBOSS
Is this on a 45 or 35? I don't know about DYNO but back in the day when I did mine there was barely noticeable low end difference. So you are not going to have much HP gains just from +2. That said the TS ECU flash was the most significant gain on my 45. If you have a 45 I highly recommend it.

With +2, Intake, TS ECU plus tunning to make sure you don't run too lean will give you real HP gains.
Thanks Gazz, its on a FX45. Thus far I've installed a k&n air filter and advanced my timing +2 deg. Would you suggest the TS ECU flash as the next step or would moving to a "breather" mod yield greater performance gains.
thanx in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have been an advocate of both the +2 and the TS flash,and yes it is much more than a placebo.The FX45 is set up very rich and the tune actually takes fuel out and improves mileage plus power.The dyno runs of a FX45 before flashing confirms the grossly rich condition.Let TS know of the +2 and they will either add it or leave it in place while they flash your ECU...knowledge is power.
As wiith any computer that learns, teach it to play hard and it will learn and delight you...also clear the memory every so often, a few months, to clear all the negative memory of city driving

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I believe the consensus was that the +2 was felt more on 45's than 35's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brnjug said:
I have been an advocate of both the +2 and the TS flash,and yes it is much more than a placebo.The FX45 is set up very rich and the tune actually takes fuel out and improves mileage plus power.The dyno runs of a FX45 before flashing confirms the grossly rich condition.Let TS know of the +2 and they will either add it or leave it in place while they flash your ECU...knowledge is power.
As wiith any computer that learns, teach it to play hard and it will learn and delight you...also clear the memory every so often, a few months, to clear all the negative memory of city driving
A couple of questions...how much hp/torque increase can i expect to see with a TS Flash (where and how do i get this done)? How do i clear the memory in my car and why is it important to do this (doesn't it just adapt to my driving style)?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
FUNBOSS said:
A couple of questions...how much hp/torque increase can i expect to see with a TS Flash (where and how do i get this done)? How do i clear the memory in my car and why is it important to do this (doesn't it just adapt to my driving style)?
some nice searching would answer your question. It's not all about the numbers, what the TS tune does is reflash your ecu and rewrite a map based on the specific modifications you have, so basically it makes it run way better and in unison, balances the AF, etc. You can also remove REV and SPEED limiters. I wouldn't do this until You have quite a few bolt ons going on since its $550 for the initial reflash/tune then another $150 if you ever need to edit it (if you add anything on, your AF is off, etc.)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The torque increase is approximately 30ft/lbs.you will truly feel that!
The cost of the standard reflash had dropped about $100 from those those of us with the early reflashes.The basic flash is standardized.Only if your mods have changed the stock A/F(heads,headers) and they will ask you to check it ,the regular flash is adequate.
If you want a custom tune take your car to them or find a good tuner and engine management system locally(but be carefull)Lots of hustlers out there
Rev limit is raised by about 200rpm and trans shift pressure is slightly raised as well. I shift first at 7300 and the others at 7100.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brnjug said:
The torque increase is approximately 30ft/lbs.you will truly feel that!
The cost of the standard reflash had dropped about $100 from those those of us with the early reflashes.The basic flash is standardized.Only if your mods have changed the stock A/F(heads,headers) and they will ask you to check it ,the regular flash is adequate.
If you want a custom tune take your car to them or find a good tuner and engine management system locally(but be carefull)Lots of hustlers out there
Rev limit is raised by about 200rpm and trans shift pressure is slightly raised as well. I shift first at 7300 and the others at 7100.
Thanks for the info brnjug! Lovin' the "placebo" effects!! :mrgreen: Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had my +2 done on my FX45 yesterday and I did feel a pretty good difference in performance through the RPM range. I don't think it's "placebo".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts