Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the z-tube installed today with the pop charger. now i just need to get the plenum and finish off the air intake mods.

thanks for everyones help on the install ofthe z-tube....i just cut my old accordian piece and used that. worked like a charm :D

i decided on trying the pop charger even though i have the stillen intake installed. i swapped and i will see which i like better. the pop charger seems to be a bit more "solid" in the engine bay and it looks cool too. the venturi isnt as nice as the one in the stillen, so i might make a hybrid version using the stillen venturi and the pop charger heat shield 8)

makes a nice whistle at ab out 2500 RPM and over 4000 RPM. z-tube also gives a nice growl when you stop on it. many smiles :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sweet! If you decide to make the hybrid of the stillen and the JWT, could you do us a favor and post the pics of the two venturi rings side by side?

Thanks! Enjoy the sweet sound of the popcharger! I'm still loving it after 4-5 months!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are the things that are different between the two venturis

(1) JWT is about 1/2 inch thinner if you look at it from the side
(2) JWT is lighter aluminum as opposed to the stillen which is heavier stainless steel?
(3) JWT machining is much rougher than that of the stillen

both are the same diameter

basically the stillen is machined much better , but is also much heavier. since the stillen is 1/2inch deeper, the venturi is a slightly different overall shape since the outer diameter and inner hole diameter is the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts