Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am still having buraucratic trouble with registering of my car in Switzerland. I have now done all the modifications necessary, did a noise and pollution tests and everything is ok. The only thing that is stopping my registration at the moment is the emission compliance of the car to European (EU) standards. Normally for cars imported from the US the emissions sticker on the underside of the bonnet is enough proof of equivalent compliance. Unfortunately my exact sticker parameters are not in the database of the authorities there and they say they require this extra test. Unfortunately for me the only place that does this test in Switzerland cannot handle testing of a AWD vehicle and I either need to "decouple front or rear axle"(?) for this test or take it all the way to Germany. Needless to say I want to avoid this.

Does anyone have any information on this please? Perhaps this was needed for registration in an EU country and you have a certificate for the same type of car?

My car is a FX35 AWD 2007.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
wow that sucks. hope it works out for you. Should not be too hard to remove the rear drive shaft for on test though.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I read somewhere of someone once removing a fuse that caused the AWD to not kick in leaving the FX in RWD only... right now I can't remember who it was nor do I have ANY idea which fuse he pulled...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day to all,

I have similar issue with CO2 emissions / EURO4 compliance to register my 2008 FX35 in Bulgaria.

How did you solve it?

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts