Infiniti FX Forum banner

18" Murano wheels and tires for winter

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  FXECUTIVE 
#1 ·
I recently bought and installed a set of 18" Nissan Murano wheels with Goodyear Eagle LS tires on my 03 FX35 for the winter. I think the end result is a pretty nice look, but tough to compare with an FX with the 20" wheels and tires. See for yourself...

#5 ·
I bought my FX used in June, so this was my first winter with it after driving a Tacoma 4x4 for the past six winters. The 20's are fairly well worn, so when we got 14" of snow one day, another 15-16" two days later, then it rained and temps dropped into the low single digits, my mind was made up. I needed some new tires.

My thought was going with something a bit narrower wouldn't hurt in the snowand the Murano wheels were a guaranteed fit. eBay made them affordable and the 18" rims will be used again when the curent all-season tires wear out.

#6 ·
I think the G20 ceter cap will replace the nissan cap for those murano wheels.

#9 ·
All our snow melted, so I won't know how the Eagle LS's perform until the next storm hits. I plan to buy snow tires and mount them on these wheels, but thought I'd run these for now and see how they do. With AWD I'm feelling better than where I was with my 20's. I'll need new ones before too long, so these may also fill the gap depending on the timing of when that happens... next Summer or the following Spring.

What's the life expectancy of the Godyear RSAs based on other FXer's experiences? I'm guessing I'll get 22-24k miles from the set I have.

#10 ·
About right as far as 22-24k. I just hit 25k and mine are at the wear bars. I wish those Falkens would get in stock somewhere!

Not to change the subject, but I remember finding those Falkens thru a link here for like $600-700 or so shipped on some site. Anyone remember where that was?

#11 ·
A friendly suggestion based on my own experience... I used to drive on Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 and in my opinion, they are the best winter tires. You can get them in 18 inch as well...

#13 ·
#14 ·
I had a chance to check out the tires in the snow/ice we had here last night and I was pleased with their performance. The narrower tires made it easier to change lanes with the slush/snow mix on the highway and the traction everywhere was good. I may hold off on snow tires until these Goodyears wear out.

#16 ·
That is just what I heard. Is it not true?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.