Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was wondering why, in the owner manual they said you should not use the cigarette lighter as a 12 volt power source for accessories.
What do you guys think?
Is it not the same as the other 12v outlets?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cigarette lighter receptacle is built a little differently than the others on the inside, so you may have a problem getting a good connection with some power plugs. This receptacle is on a dedicated 15 amp fuse just like each of the other outlets, so it shouldn't be an electrical system issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone use the Cig. adapter for other 12volt accessories?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I used it to plug in my gtec pro.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
zigzag5555 said:
Does anyone use the Cig. adapter for other 12volt accessories?
The front one powers my radar detector, which I don't run all the time 'cause they don't use radar except in the sticks here in Metro LA. Obviously, the storage box powers my cellie. Sometimes I run my laptop from the backseat power socket, but I've never used the one in the back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use my Passport 8500 on my cig socket and sometimes my cell phone charger. I wish that the 12V accessory plug would remain on constant 12V :(

I think that there was a post on a "different Forum" :lol: on how to jumper a fuse connection to keep it on

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I plugged my G-Tech Pro in there as well. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stopped working power jacks

I use Beltronics GX65. Was no problem for a year or so. Recently in my Infinity EX35 2008 stopped working 12v cigarette power jacks. Both in front and in the glove box. What could happen? Fuses are OK, just checked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts