147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my upgrade over the weekend.

1) 10,000k DS2. :lol: awesome color :D
2) PIAA light Purple fog light. 8)
3) super-white backup light. (no pic) b/c taking pic by my self. hehehe
4) red license plate light, to match the LED tailight. :evil:

Soon to come.

LED Super white clearance light to replace the factory yellowish bulb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Great setup, where did you get the 10k lights.

Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah
where did you get the 10k bulb?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx to esemes :lol: , he gave me the referal to a guy from LA. You just pay him through paypal and he'll mail it to you via USPS. It's not very secure, there is no transaction in place to ensure your purchase. So it is based on trust, but so far so good. :D PM me if you want his contact info.

·
Registered
80 Posts
nice setup. by changing the lights for the license plate, is that street legal?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was just outside messing around with my light bulbs and i had a hard time turning that light bulb socket for the front signal light on both sides...is there a trick to it or is it my hands are just too weak? I can reach it but not enough leverage to turn it...

also, how do you replace the fog light bulbs?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
To change your turn signal lights you need a really thin wrist. My mechanic's assistant changed it for me.

Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
jimsbmw said:
To change your turn signal lights you need a really thin wrist. My mechanic's assistant changed it for me.

Jim
yeah, i think my arms maybe kinda big for that task....lol

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
As for the license plate light in the rear, I did that in CA when I had my BMW, I used a light green color to match my hella black tail lights, the sad thing is in CA its illigal to do that and I got puller over and got a fix it ticket the second day.

Jim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To 04fx35

thx :lol: love that matching color, and it is illegal in CAL, but I figure when a cop highbeam you with their search light it'll cover the red license plate light. look at the photo below, not very noticeable when a direct headlight over it. :lol:

To davezaristo

I didn't replace my signal light b/c the yellow side marker is still yellow even if you change the turn signal light. But I think thin wrist can fit in that tight space. AS for fog light, after you remover about 5 screw under the bumper, you can gain access to the fog light bulb. To remove it just rotate it counter clockwise and it will come right off. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Just be carefull when you remove the fog light. When sealing it back up make sure you do it right and carefully. The dealer changed my fog lights when I picked up my car, the did not seal it right and the tech was good enough to replace the unit (if not would cost some $$$).

Jim :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another look

Hi Steve, here is another pic with the upgrade. as you can see with the car park under the street light the 10k HID is still very bright. need to put on a sunglasses 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nice! Thanks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
OMG!!!!!

I GOT MY PAIR TODAY!!!
what a AWESOME color~~~

i love it i love it i love it...
installation was a breeze~ :)

i feel like having a Ferrari's HID

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: update, new LED clearance light installed.

My-Sweet45 said:
:D got my LED light on thursday. looks nice, perfect with the 10k HID.
Where did you get the LED driving bulbs from?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, those red license plate lights are nice. Yeah too bad in CA it's illegal, or else I'd jump on it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts