Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not have done this with out help from you guys... The pics I took were in a parking deck I will take some more tonight... They do look wicked....

I put the 10k HIDs in and 9 bulb LED in for the 7443s.

Fog lights are next... waiting for them to arrive. :roll:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Let me know how your 9-bulb led works out! I had them installed and they burnt out in less than one day. Apparently they are not built for always on, only flashers.

Scott

BTW: It looks awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Which 9 bulb LEDs are you using, Vivid?

LEDs last practically forever; the only reason they would go out is if they aren't set up right for the amount of power supplied.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... roduct=CAR

this is that site that I got them from. I just realized that I was meant to get the 15 bulb ones and I was sent the 9 bulb ones... that sucks... I should look an invoices and the product to make sure...

I will leave them switched on for the next few days during day time to see how they fair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
I posted that website before...superbrightleds.com

Anyways, their LEds are cheaply priced, shipping is fast, and the leds are not just arranged on a circle. They also include radially mounted leds within the bulbs.




BTW, after installing the headlights do you have to reaim them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mushutofu said:
BTW, after installing the headlights do you have to reaim them?
I think you are ment to but I went up to a wall and they looked fine and not out of wack... It might have been your post that I saw for the LEDs... they look really nice apart from I paid for 15 bulbs and got 9 :( I will call them monday and get it sorted out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Good question on the re-aim. I'll check them before and after I replace mine. The aiming mechanism in the FX is built into the housing, though, so I wouldn't think just swapping bulbs would neccessitate re-aiming them, but we'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
I read that they needed to be re-aimed but I was thinking the same thing in that its the housing that actually moves and since we are not messing with that we probably wont need to re-aim the HIDS. But, I would hate to have 10K beams blinding poor oncoming traffic where one of them might happen to be a cop. :D

BTW, thanks for posting the comparo pics. Those pics actually swayed my final decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Vivid said:
www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

this is that site that I got them from. I just realized that I was meant to get the 15 bulb ones and I was sent the 9 bulb ones...

looks good vivid. :lol: ahh, no wonder it didn't completely match the 10k. HID, but still look alot better than the stock one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Good question on the re-aim. I'll check them before and after I replace mine. The aiming mechanism in the FX is built into the housing, though, so I wouldn't think just swapping bulbs would neccessitate re-aiming them, but we'll see.
I guess it depends on how rough when ppl install the new HID bulb. I checked the aim leveler prior the installation and again after the installation, no change. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Ordered the 9 LEDS will keep the 8K so what do you have for fog..saw HID fogs somewhere???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don’t think you can do a true HID fog (does not have the right ballast) but you can get whiter fogs...

Righ now I just have the stock fogs in but I am going to try PIAA hyper white or extreme white something like that... I am also getting a set of PlasmaGlow and will see which it whiter...

I will post when I have tried them. Hopefully my LEDs will be switch to the 15 bulbs in the not to distant future.

I do have one qu when I was changing the 7443 I broke one of the platic clips that holds the bulb in place, can I get a replacement at any auto store or do I need to stop by my dealer? :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
PIAA sells HID fog light kits. Pretty expesive though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Vivid said:
Don’t think you can do a true HID fog (does not have the right ballast) but you can get whiter fogs...

Righ now I just have the stock fogs in but I am going to try PIAA hyper white or extreme white something like that... I am also getting a set of PlasmaGlow and will see which it whiter...

I will post when I have tried them. Hopefully my LEDs will be switch to the 15 bulbs in the not to distant future.

I do have one qu when I was changing the 7443 I broke one of the platic clips that holds the bulb in place, can I get a replacement at any auto store or do I need to stop by my dealer? :(
Piaa extreme white dont even come close to the 10k, dont waste you time or money. I m happy with the Piaas but they just dont compliment the 10ks. I will switch them as soon as I decide what I what or what looks better. If you can find the GTX Piaas in the fog/driving light number, those look better than the Extreme White.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Vivid - Nice setup and I would like to have the same... if you dont mind :D . Where can I buy the HID bulbs? and how much?.

Sweet45 - How is your HID bulb holding up? No burn-outs yet?

Just that my experience with aftermarket headlight bulbs is that they only last up to 3-4 months or so.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to thank My-Sweat45 for the info on the HIDs... They just look wicked while driving… I will PM you the guys email addy. PayPal him the $ and within a few days they arrive.

But both my HIDs and LEDs are holding up very well, now the search for matching or at least close to matching fog lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top