Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been almost a month and 1000+ miles since I bought my fx45, so I wanted to share my thoughts with all of you.
To summarize the experience with the fx in 3 words, I love it!!! First, the acceleration is amazing for the size of the vehicle.

There is a lot of usable power at nearly every RPM range. 300+ torque can be fealt during hard launches while 300+ horsepower is amazing on the highway. Fuel economy is the other side of the story but if you want to save on gas, put a down payment on a hybrid lexus suv!
Then of'course there is the engine note. I love the way it sounds. Have you ever stopped under a tunnel, opened all windows, and stepped hard on the accelerator? The car sounds like an exotic supercar; I LOVE IT!!!
Suspension is great as well. It handles very well on highway offramps at high speeds as well as when trying to avoid obsticles on the road. The steering is quick and precise.

The exterior of the car is very sharp and sleek. Long hood, big wheels, huge exhaust tips, it all makes up the image of the car which screams "Watch out, here I come!!!" Interior on the other hand is very peaceful and quiet. Try having someone get in the car, close all windows, and talk to you while you are standing outside. Have them scream and you still can barely hear them...
Seats are very comfortable although I am not too happy with the heated aspect of them. It is an ambient seat heater therefore forget "toasting your buttocks". My fiance hates it, as her rx300's heated seats can get very hot... Rear seats are also very comfortable and the fact that they recline makes it a very enjoyable ride for the passangers.

Another feature that I love is the trunk auto shut. No need to slam your trunk to close it; simply lower it and the auto shut feature will do the rest.
Then of'course there is a convinience of 4 power outlets around the car (including the one in ashtray). It makes it very useful when charging your cell phone, having a radar detector plugged in, and still having a capability to have your laptop plugged in...

I must say though that the trunk rubber mat is a must for all of those who plan to transport dirty items....

By the way, did you ever notice how bright out headlights are? Try sitting in a car infront...

I am also very happy with the Technology package. Navigation system is a good thing to have if you travel a lot and the fact that it is a bird-view makes it easier to navigate. Then again, it is not the best navigation system out there but we all know that by now... Rear backup camera makes life a lot easier when parallel parking and backing out of garages. It is a nice little feature that I find using quite a lot. Inteligent key is another very useful feature. I don't even remove my keys from my pocket when starting the car... How cool is that?!?!
Stereo is very good quality as well. One thing I hate about it though is the fact that it makes all bad-quality CDs sound like crap. Oh well, it's a small price to pay.

To summarize, fx is an amazing car. It brings lots of attention from the people on the street and respect from "them young kids" driving civics and integras who know they stand no chance...

Kris

PS
Pics are coming soon. So far it has been very cold (in teens) in Chicago so I did not have a chance to wash it. Once I do, I will take a few snapshots and post them.
Peace.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have to agree with you guys, on the bad (they are not many) like the seat heaters and stereo! The more I listen to it, the more I dislike it, although I don't have my sub hooked up yet! Other than that, its a fantastic veh, and today I finally had a chance to go up against a Porsche Che S on the Autobahn! Was behind it, dropped down to 3rd, shot by and noticed that it was being driving by a nice old lady! Crap! :? Oh well, maybe next time!

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was the engine and the sound it makes that sold me. I can't wait until spring when I can drive around with the windows down so that I can hear the beast. Most of the time, I don't turn the radio on just so that I can hear the sound. The V6 sounds louder and just as mean, but the V8 is just more graceful and smooth.

I agree on the seat heaters, but I'll take them over nothing. When I drive our Durango without heaters, I really notice how cold a seat can be.

I bought the car because it was unique and offered sports car like performance in a vehicle that could haul the family. It also passed the wife test of "I don't care what you get as long as it is not a car. I just don't feel safe in a car anymore". We've put almost 3000 miles on it since we picked it up and we have no regrets.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Paperboy, you live in Fort Wayne? My fiance goes to school there so I go visit her at least one a month. Watchout for an FX45 with Illinois plates :wink:

·
Registered
74 Posts
krzys4 said:
Hey Paperboy, you live in Fort Wayne? My fiance goes to school there so I go visit her at least one a month. Watchout for an FX45 with Illinois plates :wink:
Yes, I live in Fort Wayne. There are at least 2 red 45's here. Mine has a Purdue license plate. The other one has the ugly standard Indiana plate. I'm putting the infinitifx.org sticker on once the dealer replaces the rear hatch. I wish everyone here had a sticker. Whenever I see a FX, I look for a sticker or some sort of mod that might indicate membership here. I even looked through the memberlist for other Fort Wayne members. Either I'm the only one, or they don't have a location listed.

What color is your car? I'll keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What color is your car? I'll keep an eye out for it.
It's Diamond Graphite. Good idea about the sticker though, I have to get one as well.
See you around Paperboy.

Kris

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Paperboy said:
Mine has a Purdue license plate.
Hey- another Boilermaker!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts