Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the board. I took delivery of my FX six weeks ago and didn't have much to post except a great big :D . This forum has been very helpful. I've put on the Stillen STB because of it, so thank you all. I just can't believe how much I love this car. We took a trip from L.A. to Tahoe this weekend which I was absolutley dreading (nephew's wedding) and put on just over 1,000 miles. What a blast, drove I395 to Kingsbury Hwy. Some of the scenery was truly spectacular. Spent about 7 hours in the drivers seat each way (not including pit stops) and I was left begging for more. In fact, on the way home we took the short cut through the mountains on Angeles Forest/Hwy just for added fun - 3rd. gear, 60 mph (more fun for me, a little less for my wife! :shock: ). Fuel mileage was just over 20 mpg on the way up and 22 mpg coming back so I'm pretty happy with that. The only problem now is...where to go next weekend?

·
Registered
520 Posts
congrats on getting the car 6 weeks ago, and welcome to the Org... This site is amazing, anything you can think of has been said and gone through again, and again.
How do you like it so far? and since you were in the car for such a long time did you notice the seat after you would get up after sitting for such a long time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I truly can't wait to go to and from work each day. I hope this feeling doesn't go away with time.

As far as the seat goes:

I was very comfortable the whole time and I never had to shift around like I did with my Grand Cherokee. I hadn't thought about till now...that seat was really comfortable.

On the left side lower cushion bolster there is now a diagonal crease in the leather (nbd).

The graphite leather shows any dirt, lint, crumbs, etc., that tend to land in the seams of the material. (again - nbd)

And I hate when I drop something between the seats and the console. My wife dropped the lid to her water bottle and I made her drink the whole thing...then I had to stop at a bathroom 20 minute later! I'm going with the foam trick as soon as I get around to it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ndawhol said:
I truly can't wait to go to and from work each day. I hope this feeling doesn't go away with time.
16 months and counting, and I'm almost as bad as the Mercedes commercial with the Asian guy who completes his shopping list one item at a time. :)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

You should think about driving out to the 2005 Nationalal meet over labor day. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.