Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

At the end of this month I will have my units 100% P&P (no wire cutting), the price will be $300 shipped or $700 installed at my shop, regular hardwire version will still be available for $250. If you want P&P reserve one now limited quantites available frpm first batch.

Pictures Available
http://www.fotki.com/vsokolov

·
Registered
25 Posts
how easy is it to install the p&p version?

do you have step by step instructions?
what comes with the $300 unit?
anything else that's required (i have tech with rear dvd player)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its plug and play with complete instructions, but all you do is put my plug between navi unit and factory harness(no wire cutting)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Is it also plug and play at DVD player and power/ground?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plug and play at dvd player? what you mean

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
vsokolov said:
plug and play at dvd player? what you mean
The unit has to get the video signal from the DVD player, right? Currently, for people with the stock player, the video signal wire coming out of the harness on the back of the DVD player has to be cut,then run into the box (through a signal booster, available separately from you) so it can be sent up to the nav screen. This still the case, or is there a plug and play solution for this as well? Just asking; IMO, $50 extra is worth it not to have to cut 4 and solder 8 connections behind the nav screen in close quarters, but if it's only plug and play behind the nav screen, then it isn't really 100% plug and play, now, is it?

People w/o the stock DVD player can simply add their own and run the video signal directly to the box via an RCA cable (signal booster may or may not be neccessary depending on player's signal strength and # of screens being run.

As for the power and ground, do you still have to tap wires wherever you can find them (cigar lighter), or again, have you made a plug and play solution for use at a pre-determined point?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you still have to do the cut and tap to video booster but if you don't have a factory tv, thats will be a plug and play

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you seen the unit on my site, the p&p is the same unit exept it got plug and play harness pictures are not available yet

·
Registered
25 Posts
vsokolov said:
if you seen the unit on my site, the p&p is the same unit exept it got plug and play harness pictures are not available yet
hmm not very impressed with what i've seen so far...could you post the instructions that you're supplying with the p&p units?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the instructions are not ready yet because plugs will be only available in the midle of nexty month

·
Registered
36 Posts
interested

alright- i'm interested. i have fx35 w/ tech w/o rear dvd. i'm confused by what part of this is p&p and what part of this is not.

- can i just purchase a dvd player or xbox, install it (power tap somehow).
- plug it into your box
- and then plug that into the screen?

no wires cut except for the tapping of the power for the player? how will all this stuff fit under the seat and will it be accessible?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: interested

surfsup said:
alright- i'm interested. i have fx35 w/ tech w/o rear dvd. i'm confused by what part of this is p&p and what part of this is not.

- can i just purchase a dvd player or xbox, install it (power tap somehow).
- plug it into your box
- and then plug that into the screen?

no wires cut except for the tapping of the power for the player? how will all this stuff fit under the seat and will it be accessible?
Yes, that's basically how it works. I have the AV-Electronics Nav-TV (similar, more expensive unit with a built in TV tuner). I installed it myself and have asked many questions regarding this unit and have a pretty good handle on how it works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just get my box nad connect any video source to it 20 minute job

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am also confused.
is this only for cars with navi but without DVD?
or does it play DVD on the navi screen ?
if the latter i am interested

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
fxer said:
I am also confused.
is this only for cars with navi but without DVD?
or does it play DVD on the navi screen ?
if the latter i am interested
It will work for both. If you have the stock DVD system, you have to cut the video wire coming out of the back of the player, run it through his $40 optional signal booster (which has 4 outputs), then from one output of the booster back to the rear screen (the other side of the wire you cut) and from another output through the NAV converter box up to your nav screen. Works just like the AV-Electronics Nav-TV, but with no TV and no remote to mess with; just a switch to toggle between nav screen and DVD. You could potentially run two headrest monitors in addition from the other two booster box outputs.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
That seems like a similar product to the one offered here, but no plug and play option. Didn't see their price on the site; must have missed it, but their signal booster (video amp) is $99, as opposed to the $40 vsokolov offers and it looks to be the same thing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts