Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 FX35 that is blowing hot air when I turn the AC on. My AC was working perfectly fine last summer but when I tried to turn it on a few days ago on a warm day, it blew how air. My question is, what is the most likely cause of this issue in FX35?

Darwin

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Does it eventually get cold? If not, you probably have a leak somewhere and will need to have work done on your A/C unit...

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it's still blowing air, the condenser should be ok. Probably needs refrigerant/freon. Like DatMan stated, you might have a leak somewhere.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Actually, I have a similar issue with a small variable. My A/C blows cold just fine. However, it ONLY blows cool air when the temperature selection is set to 18 degrees C. If it gets too cool in the cabin and I want to adjust the temperature to say, 19 degrees, then it starts blowing hot air and won't stop. I thought it might just be case of needing some time to balance the internal temp but it keeps blowing hot, and will until I readjust the temperature setting to 18 degrees. I'm running completely on manual anyway, so if I adjust the temperature to 19 degrees it should just blow slightly less cool air, correct? I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm missing a fundamental piece of the puzzle but for the life of me I can't figure it out..

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
In your case I'm fairly certain it's the in cabin temperature sensor.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
In your case I'm fairly certain it's the in cabin temperature sensor.
Why would that have any bearing on it if I'm running the A/C in manual mode? It should just be demand temperature of the incoming airflow, shouldn't it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my previous vehicle, 2007 Nissan Xterra, the truck will blow hot air while stop at a red light, then it would start sending cold air once I got moving. It happens that the radiator was a little low on coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I think that in manual mode it still tries to adjust as per the temperature that you have set. This weekend I'll try putting mine in to air con and adjusting the temp to see if it reacts in any way.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Why would that have any bearing on it if I'm running the A/C in manual mode? It should just be demand temperature of the incoming airflow, shouldn't it?
I think the AUTO mode adjusts the fan speed and the MODE it's in (vents, floor, etc.)... But the temperature setting has the unit trying to hit the set temperature... I THINK... ;)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
For anyone else who is interested in this thread - @IloveyFX was 100% correct. The cabin temperature sensor had failed. HVAC system works perfectly now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts