Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this baby used at 60,000 8 years ago, and I've been diligent about maintenance with records. The "Service Engine Soon" light came on & two error codes point to catalytic converter. Took to a reliable mechanic and one of the codes was a red herring, but it does need a new catalytic converter costing $1400. Mechanic says it'll be one thing after another now that it's past 200k.

Noodling over whether to repair and sell, repair and keep, or sell without repairing in full disclosure.

Would appreciate any thoughts from any of you with experience in this area!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I burned up a catalytic converter a while back and ended up buying a used one from ebay with low miles.
It came off of a g35, they are exactly the same.
Do you need just one or both?

·
Registered
2013 FX50S
13 Posts
I would vote for "sell". That could be a money pit that you wouldn't recover from. You got more than enough miles out of it. It paid for itself already. Go get a fresh one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Id buy an aftermarket cat/manifold and put it on myself. It cant be that difficult, just tedious work. I threw a serpentine idler 2 months ago. Replaced that, and put on a new waterpump and a new radiator (massive crack from throwing the idler). It was actually easy, just alot of crap to get out of the way..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts