Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, just got my 05 fx35 for one month, 80k , today, i can not open my driver side door by the remote control. I press the unlock, the other 3 doors and hatch work perfect, but only the driver side lock does not work. the only way to open it is from inside manully. also, the lock/unlock button on the door does not work too. y
i follow the way that u guys talk about, hearing the sound of the broken lock when pressing the unlock, it is alittle bit "click" in side, the lock on the handle moving alittle bit, but the door can not open.
can you give me some advise pls~~ thanx

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You need to replace the actuator- search for the term "actuator" and you will find quite a few threads on this.

Also only one topic is necessary. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
initiald said:
hi guys, just got my 05 fx35 for one month, 80k , today, i can not open my driver side door by the remote control. I press the unlock, the other 3 doors and hatch work perfect, but only the driver side lock does not work. the only way to open it is from inside manully. also, the lock/unlock button on the door does not work too. y
i follow the way that u guys talk about, hearing the sound of the broken lock when pressing the unlock, it is alittle bit "click" in side, the lock on the handle moving alittle bit, but the door can not open.
can you give me some advise pls~~ thanx
Same happened on my '05. Driver side failed. It's the actuator.
Not sure where you're located but it cost me $475 CAD.(extended warranty covered it).

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
the problem with the actuators is they use a small solinoid & make it part of the whole latch assy, making it a $300+ part :? my passenger side went out recently, but I'm thinking for the cost of just one of these I can upgrade the whole locking mechanisims all around with a set of heavy duty actuators & never have to worry about this ever again... it would suck big time to replace one & then few months later have another go. I've seen guys with more than one go eventually too, afterall they usually all have the same amount of wear so it is kind of inevitable that eventually another will go too...

haven't done mine to see how it can be done best, but it will never fail again using an actuator something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dorman-P ... mainQ5f100 and 4 of these are still 1/2 the cost of one new factory one, but it will take a little fabrication too

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
turbocad6 said:
but it will take a little fabrication too
LOL... whenever you say "a little fabrication" I always start thinking of your center console and your grill... and those headlights you did... and... ... ... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts