Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Has anyone with an '05 removed their cargo privacy cover? Mine rattles a bit, and it's been bugging me. Tried to fiddle with it briefly yesterday, but I had some groceries that needed to get brought inside, and didn't spend more than a minute or two fiddling... Is it even possible? The '05 unit seems to be very well connected and has lots of parts.

Thanks!

Matthew

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think all you have to do is give it a quick pop up from the bottom of each side. It'll pop out but then takes a little bit of fiddling to get it out and not scratch the inside of the car. I've only take it out once.

·
Registered
309 Posts
BigMatt said:
Guys,

Has anyone with an '05 removed their cargo privacy cover?
Yeah, I've removed mine a few times when I visited Home Depot. I just put up-ward pressure from below and it snaps up. I havent' had any rattling/squeeking from it so far. My rattling/squeeking has been from the center arm rest for the back seats. I just followed the recommended advise (leave it down), and the rattling/squeeking is gone.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the good advice. I'm gonna go check mine out. Might be that it's my rear seat armrest as well. I'll remove the cargo cover first and see if that helps.

Matthew

·
Registered
309 Posts
Excellent catch. The 2005 one looks entirely different, and when I went out to check mine, I noticed that there's already lots of "Willow" felt. I guess that's a new thing Infiniti started to do. I'll post picture of the 2005 cover shortly for those who want to see the differences.

Question, any idea where one can purchase more "Willow" felt?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the cover itself isnt rattling in the tracks as much as the floppy part at the front of it tends to bounce around on bumps and make noises.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That was one of the first things I did when I got my FX, I took the cover out for good. I wrapped it in plastic and put it away. With the dark windows I thought I wouldn't need it and as we now know it is just another plastic part that raddles. :wink:

Axel

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yep been removing mine almost every weekend to load bikes until I get the bike rack. No probs whatsoever with rattling etc. Easy to pop off and snap back in.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Saw a documentary where a car is driven into a wall and all the unsecured items (i.e. groceries, textbooks, etc) in the backseat and trunk flew into the heads of the crash test dummies. In one instance a toolbox placed in the trunk rammed down the foldable rear seats and sent the into the dummies at high velocity. Basically occupants can suffer from severe head injuries or even death so the cargo toneau cover is a good thing to use. Tieing down items with cargo nets and bungee cords is also recommended.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an 05, instead of twisting up, it is a twist down. First drop your seats down then grab the part pictured below and press it down simultaneously with the right hand one.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
gjosuem said:
I have an 05, instead of twisting up, it is a twist down. First drop your seats down then grab the part pictured below and press it down simultaneously with the right hand one.
I'm not too sure what you mean by twisting up. I have an 05 as well, and all I have to do is push it up enough to snap out of his slot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From the '05 owners manual. Interesting twist - pun intended. :roll:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.