Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there want to shoot their FX45 when changing the air filter? It takes me approx 30 minutes to change the oil and oil filter including taking the plastic cover off and putting it back on. It takes me approx 1 hour to change the air filter. I've looked at the "how to" for the FX35 in the how to section, but mine looks slightly different.

This weekend, I ended up removing the entire box that the filter sits in from the car. There's got to be something that I am missing with this seemingly easy tasks. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Chris

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Not sure about the 45, but I found a quick way to change the air filter on the my 07 FX35... but the best way to do it, you need a 2nd pair of hands...

1. Undo all 4 clips.
2. Friend pulls / pushes the air box towards the back of the FX while you slide out the old filter.
3. Drop in the new filter.
4. Your friend can let go now.
5. Redo all 4 clips.

This method just takes a couple of minutes... I have the STILLEN z-tube which is a bit longer than the OEM air tube so that's why I need a 2nd pair of hands but I think if you have the OEM air tube, you can probably do it by yourself.

·
Registered
942 Posts
kxfx45 said:
Anybody out there want to shoot their FX45 when changing the air filter? It takes me approx 30 minutes to change the oil and oil filter including taking the plastic cover off and putting it back on. It takes me approx 1 hour to change the air filter. I've looked at the "how to" for the FX35 in the how to section, but mine looks slightly different.

This weekend, I ended up removing the entire box that the filter sits in from the car. There's got to be something that I am missing with this seemingly easy tasks. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Chris
Nope, I hate changing mine as well. There is not enough room and the accordian piece does not give enough "give". Therefore, it is just easier to remove the air intake as you mention, or else you just get pissed trying to replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I do not find it annoying at all! I have the dealer do it for a couple of dollars... :) Life is too short to allow yourself to get frustrated about the little things.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Changing the air filter sucks. The 2nd easiest way is to remove the whole air boxmake sure you don't loose the rubber grommet from the bottom. The easiest way is to let the dealer do it. Or you can do what I did trade it in for a new FX 50 dual intakes that are a snap to change.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have yet to do my filter but I had to wiggle things around a bit on the driver's side to put in my new HID bulbs and it was a PITA to say the least...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup...FX45 air filter is a pain in the ass to replace. Has anyone replaced stock filter with a K&N filter? Noticed any improvement in power? My FX45 has 90k on it and I timed 0-60 it used to be about 6.5 now its up to 7.7ish

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Theaxiom222 said:
Has anyone replaced stock filter with a K&N filter? Noticed any improvement in power
Yes many including myself have replaced stock for K&N. No improvement noticed.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
JWT popcharger. Great sound,easier than heck to remove/clean/replace, and +4 butt HP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts