Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the symptoms that I stayed could it be my cam shaft sensor haven’t read codes try today but the reader was no good. Was process of change the engine don’t want to if it’s only sensors miles are 167,000 oil is full and clean .Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
152 Posts
Maybe you fixed your problem? Did you have any other symptoms before your engine just quit? ...I mean an engine normally just does not quit. And usuallly a bad crank sensor cause a hard-start problem before you get to the point of a no-start problem. So if you can explain the conditions leading up to this problem that would be helpful, because a shorted alternator can drain the battery down so low that the ECM just quits. So don't overlook your chargine system... or even a SHORTED BATTERY!!!

Here's just a few thoughts if you still are looking for options:

If you starter engages, but the engine will not start, I suppose it's possible the CPS might be at fault.

Any cheap OBD2 scan device should pick up a code if you have a CPS/CKP "hard" failure.

Note; This sensor is accessed by getting under the car and then removing the bottom skid-covers on the passenger side. ...And you will see it bolted into the side of the bell housing in front of the transmission.

Note: The CPS sensor is NOT the lower engine sensor bolted to the front of the engine , but it is the same part number. I just replaced my CPS. (Hitachi CPS007 is the OEM part number.)

What I don't know is this: Let's say you don't have a scan device and you want to confirm if your CPS/CKP sensor is bad? ...Well, I wonder what would happen if you swapped the sensor in the front of the engine with the presumed bad sensor under the engine? ...I wonder if the engine will start, but run rough. If so, then you know you need to replace it.

Note: Some other mechanic told me the Crank sensor goes out first, because the crank spins twice as fast as the valve sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir I assume engine went out but last time it ran yrs ago .But look on the post of others I put crank sensor on bottom in replaced starter cam shaft sensor and left one side of engine and the one u reference on the bottom of the engine I have to put my air breather back together and connect those sensors to see how it runs I guess from sitting up so long the starter went bad I watched Ed boy video found out I had similar problems of a bad crank shaft sensor so I changed both I update u once I get together tomorrow evening thank u soo much for your response I almost wasted 1400 on a new engine .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir I assume engine went out but last time it ran yrs ago .But look on the post of others I put crank sensor on bottom in replaced starter cam shaft sensor and left one side of engine and the one u reference on the bottom of the engine I have to put my air breather back together and connect those sensors to see how it runs I guess from sitting up so long the starter went bad I watched Ed boy video found out I had similar problems of a bad crank shaft sensor so I changed both I update u once I get together tomorrow evening thank u soo much for your response I almost wasted 1400 on a new engine .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts