Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there is purple fluid dripping from the right front bottom. I think its transmission fluid but can't understand how its dripping if no one had worked on the car for last 7K miles? I also notice the transmission is slipping when cold (in the morning)...could the transmission be going out? its not even 95K miles yet? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,004 Posts
Your FX is almost 9 years old. Things can start to leak on their own, without anyone even being near them. Just like on any car. Did you check your transmission fluid level? If it is leaking (which it sounds like) you will notice transmisstion slips and issues. Check the fluid put some in if its low, then have the leak checked.

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
152 Posts
Ridiculous. Do it yourself and don't let the dealer or any shop with a ATF fluid exchange pump touch your car! I.e., these echange pump can damage your transmission.

Instead, you can search on this forum on how to change your fluid yourself (with the help of a friend); or maybe you can convince your neighborhood mechanice to follow the simple fluid re-charge proceedure I outlined in another forum post.

Here is the link the address my 2004 Infiniti FX45/35 that has a dipstick:
2004 INFINITI FX45/35 (GEN-1) TRANSMISSION ATF FLUSH...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts