Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have a lot of snow, I've been experimenting with the fx on icy roads. Thanks sweet for the manumission tip. This seems to help me feel like I can control the car's speed. The fx holds the road better than I anticipated. After reading many of the posts I thought maybe that I'd have to buy winter wheels and tires. But I'm going to wait until next year and see how it goes as the car seems to do fine if I keep the speed down.

However, I'd feel more comfortable if I could keep the car in 4 wheel drive. Is it true that after 18 mph the lock comes off?
Is there any way to keep the FX in 4 wheel? Also what is the advantage of unlocking the VDC in powery snow? This is a naive question, but does it make it easier or harder for the car to fishtail with it off? I can't get the VDC button off in my G35--it is very hard to push, but I have inadvertingly hit the button in the FX and it turns right off.

·
Registered
392 Posts
g35coupett said:
Also what is the advantage of unlocking the VDC in powery snow?
Actually, is harder to control with the VDC off because the anti-slip function is turned off, but I find I have more "control" with it off, I mean, I just dont trust the car to handle those functions, I rather control the car using the gas and brake. Turning the VDC off helps to get out when you are stuck, because you get all the power to the wheels. Thats my opinion

1 - 2 of 2 Posts