Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My preorder finally arrived and I thought I’d share my initial experiance. Took delivery on Monday. This FX came exactly as I ordered, and in perfect condition. The LDW system worked quite flawlessly for me during my drive home. It automatically disables the warning when you turn on your left or right signal for changing lanes, pretty smart. Rear view camera works well, even in the dark of night. Plus, I’m happy with the interest rate they gave me, which is 1.75 points below the current auto loan average, bringing my rate to 4.49%.

**View pics here.** <--- you must click the faded words to the left to see the pictures (for some reason hyperlinks are not underlined on these forums)

Tire pressure monitoring doesn't seem to be working yet, guess I need to drive around more, just shows ** for each of the 4 fields. It does say in the manual that you need to drive around a few times, thought I did though.

Some pet peeves of mine:
The speakers seem to always be on, even if you turn the voice guidance system to OFF and the radio/CD player to OFF. Why is that? Is there a secret way to turn OFF the speakers? Many of you may not have noticed this yet, but if you sit in your quiet garage and just turn the key to ON, but do not start the car, you can clearly hear that the speakers are live (have power), they will also be live when the car is on as well, despite the fact that they may not be used throughout your entire trip. You will hear a faint yet audible hissing sound, and I would like to be able to turn OFF the speakers when I'm not using the speakers, just like some people don't like to use their headllights during a sunny day and prefer to have the option to turn their headlights off.

As with all things new, I’m having some trouble adjusting though. I’ve been spoiled by the smooth/soft ride of the German made cars, and this crossover is a stiffer ride than what I remember when I test drove a few months ago. The ride is rough, you do feel everything on the road. Maybe my tires are too full of air, or it's so cold outside that the suspension is frozen. I'm sure others of you may have noticed this with your 20" wheels and sports tuned suspension, that when you go over speed bumps or hit a bump in the road, you go with the bump, and your hear a deep base sound, or at least I do. Do I just need to break this new car in or is my ride always going to feel this way?

To end on a good note, the car looks awesome, the new smart key is impressive and also looks great, the handling is super tight, and I do like the fancy technology.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Post some pics. Love to see the new color.

jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimsbmw said:
Post some pics. Love to see the new color.

jim
Please see the second paragraph of my post. I tried to make the hyperlink standout more by combining arrows and asterisks, I even attempted to force an underline using the code [u/], but the forums defaulted the hyperlink to the faded non-underlined view that can be easily overlooked.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thanks totally missed it, very nice.

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks great.

I felt the same way about the ride when I first got my FX, and discovered (as have many others) that the tires were overinflated (40+ PSI). Also, the suspension seems to get a bit softer after a few thousand miles too...either that, or we just get used to it.

It would be nice if we could do something about the hyperlinks here. It's too easy to overlook with the very slight shading difference in fonts.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Me thinks I'm a little color blind, but what exactly is sheer platinum?

This is my guess.

You have the white and black as extreme opposites with the brilliant silver somewhere in the middle of those extremes. Then silverstone (aka diamond graphite) is somewhere between the silver and black.

So, is sheer platinum somewhere between the silver and white???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Shawn said:
Tire pressure monitoring doesn't seem to be working yet, guess I need to drive around more, just shows ** for each of the 4 fields. It does say in the manual that you need to drive around a few times, thought I did though.
It shouldn't take more than a few miles (or minutes) for the pressure to register. If it still doesn't work I'd get them to check it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice! welcome to silver club... :lol: I'd have to see it up close to tell the diff...

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Shawn, the hissing you are hearing has been talked about before, it seems others have reported the same thing - check the Aud-Vid-Nav forum. If I remember right it has something to do with the navigation system.

I’ve been spoiled by the smooth/soft ride of the German made cars
LOL I've never heard anyone call a German car ride smooth OR soft!!

As FromHereToInfiniti stated, apparently the cars come from Infiniti at 40+ psi to keep the tires round during shipping and the dealer is supposed to re-set to 32psi. Many people have found that the dealers forget to adjust the tire pressure before they deliver the car (so much for their delivery "checklist" - sidenote - my dealer even forgot to take the blue film off the rear door sill!!). Anyway, once I adjusted my tire pressure my ride got much better.

Re your interest rate, why didn't they give you the 1.9% promo that they have been advertising on TV? Was that only for 2004s?

Congrats on the new car! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Shawn said:
Some pet peeves of mine:

As with all things new, I’m having some trouble adjusting though. I’ve been spoiled by the smooth/soft ride of the German made cars, and this crossover is a stiffer ride than what I remember when I test drove a few months ago. The ride is rough, you do feel everything on the road. Maybe my tires are too full of air, or it's so cold outside that the suspension is frozen. I'm sure others of you may have noticed this with your 20" wheels and sports tuned suspension, that when you go over speed bumps or hit a bump in the road, you go with the bump, and your hear a deep base sound, or at least I do. Do I just need to break this new car in or is my ride always going to feel this way?
I'll be Kenny... 8) ...I cant understand why folks say its a rough ride AFTER they test drove the vehicle. Did you think it was going to change? :eek: Stiff Ride = Performance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
>> Re your interest rate, why didn't they give you the 1.9% promo that they have been advertising on TV? Was that only for 2004s?

I’m unable to find any mention of 1.9% on the Infiniti.com website. If someone can get 1.9% on a 2005 I’m going to be raising ****.

About tires:
All 4 tires were at 35 PSI, I deflated them to 32 PSI and will take it for a drive later.

>> Nice! welcome to silver club... I'd have to see it up close to tell the diff...

I did look at the Diamond Graphite, Brilliant Silver, and the Sheer Platinum at the dealership, and all 3 had distinct color differences. I'm no paint expert, all I can say is that it is a unique color.

>> Shawn, the hissing you are hearing has been talked about before, it seems others have reported the same thing - check the Aud-Vid-Nav forum. If I remember right it has something to do with the navigation system.

I checked the Aud-Vid-Nav forum and used the search function too, unable to find an answer to turning the speakers off. Does anyone have this answer please? Is it even an option or must they always stay on?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i would think that sheer platinum is like silver except it is either (1) devoid of metal flake, or moreso (since the price is more), it has more metal flake and more coats of clear coat.

i wonder what the real difference is.... i need to check one of these out myself ;)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: &#8217;05 FX45 Sheer Platinum FX45 w/ pics

OIIIIIIO said:
I'll be Kenny... 8) ...I cant understand why folks say its a rough ride AFTER they test drove the vehicle. Did you think it was going to change? :eek: Stiff Ride = Performance
<Darth Vader Breathing>
You have done well, my son! Now, your journey to the Dark Side is com-plete!

(Now, you gotta get banned over on FA (remember, Luke had his hand chopped off, too), and you'll be all set to serve the Emperor. Can ya tell I rented the SW DVDs last week?!)

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Hey Shawn, is there a clock in the corner of your nav screen? I saw an old commercial for the 05 FX the other day that showed it briefly.

·
Registered
462 Posts
johnmax said:
Hey Shawn, is there a clock in the corner of your nav screen?
I wish that was the case. I have an 05 and there is no digital clock in the Navi LCD. I hate that clock that is so freaking low in the car. Its like looking at the floor just to tell the time :evil:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
johnmax said:
Hey Shawn, is there a clock in the corner of your nav screen? I saw an old commercial for the 05 FX the other day that showed it briefly.
I don't find a clock on my nav screen, only compass and temperature. But there is an old-fashioned hand clock that is level with my crotch on the center console.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts