2009 FX50S Transmission Problems - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2009 FX50S Transmission Problems

So about 6 months ago I had to replace my solenoid because of some latency in shifting. Today I was driving my car and I slowed down and was speeding up to highway speeds when my car downshift on it's own (I'm assuming) and revved all the way up to 4500 rpms even though I wasn't applying a lot of throttle. At the same time, the car felt like I had stomped on the brakes, which I didn't. I immediately upshifted and babied the car the rest of the way. When I started the car a few hours later, I had a check engine light and the car feels sluggish. I get back on the highway and am taking it easy on the car but when I get to 60ish mph, the rpms stay at 2000. Normally they stay around 2500 for highway speeds. The car wont downshift to speed up even when I give it some gas. I haven't gotten to check the code, but has this happened to anyone? Did the car go into limp mode or should I expect something really wrong with the transmission?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page