Fx50 2010 won’t start ..key ? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fx50 2010 won’t start ..key ?

Hi guys ,I’m sure this has been covered many times but I can’t seem to find a thread about it ..can somebody point me to a thread ?
Basically battery is charged and key fob has a new battery ..red key light on dash when key inserted but won’t start on the button ...key light on dash is flashing yellow ...it has power to the central locking and interior lights but everything else is dead
Is this the steering lock problem ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
you'd do well to get a scan tool on it and see what the BCM/ECU thinks is going on

2012 fx50s white w/ beige interior
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It’s a programming issue. We needed an extra fob (one was lost) and bought one for our FX50S. Was told by a high end automotive locksmith that he could do it. I explained that the FX50 has an extremely updated security system and it needs a VERY specialized programming. In short, he started to reprogram to add the extra fob and ultimately wiped our system (same exact symptoms you’re describing) and after 3-4 hours, he had Infinity towing pick up our SUV and bring it to Infinity in Glencoe. They reprogrammed both keys the next day and no problems since. Best of luck.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I’m not stating that is the definitive issue but what you’re describing was the issue we had and needed to be programmed by the dealership. $125.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey the problem you are describing can be one of 2 things one is the programming which rarely gets messed up on Infiniti but is still possible. Reprogramming is pretty straight forward with a good scan tool and someone who is knowledgeable in working that tool given the only thing needed is a reprogram. The second thing which you mentioned is the steering lock and is more likely the issue that the Nissan/Infiniti cars have. That is something more technical but there is a work around that I remember doing a few times for Nissan/Infiniti cars. Unfortunately it’s not something for the average person to perform so if this is the problem you would have to take it to someone who is a knowledgeable technician or the dealer. I wish you luck on getting your truck up running again
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey do you know its towing capacity? can we use this for towing roadside assistance nyc?

Last edited by martinbrown3221; 06-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page