2nd generation TPMS reset - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2nd generation TPMS reset

Does anybody know if you can put the TPMS system in relearn mode? I know it can be done in earlier models. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: 2nd generation TPMS reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchofx
Does anybody know if you can put the TPMS system in relearn mode? I know it can be done in earlier models. Any ideas?
Step 1: Set the tires to the following pressures, they have to be exact:
Tire position Tire pressure kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left
knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.
Step 3: Attach a paper clip or wire into the interface plug.
Step 4: Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the last click before the engine starts. This is the KOEO position (Key On, Engine Off).
Step 5: Tap the end of the paper clip (the end NOT in the interface plug, duh!) on any exposed ground (metal) 6 times.
Step 6: If you completed step 5 then the TPMS warning light will start to slowly flash and you have activated the TPMS relearn process. If it flashes
fast that's not right. If yours isn't flashing slowly then check your connections, turn the ignition off and start over at step 4.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks but my issue is I am not able to put the car into the relearn mode. I tried all possible holes, different grounds points- nothing. So I am wondering if this procedure works on the 2nd gen specifically.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks but my issue is I am not able to put the car into the relearn mode. I tried all possible holes, different grounds points- nothing. So I am wondering if this procedure works on the 2nd gen specifically.
Discount tires can reset your TPMSs for free if you have a Discount tire store around where you live.
Did you have good connection

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

I don't know what my problem is. I have tried so many times. My light blinks 0.5 on, 0.5 sec off for 60 sec, then it stays on. I am just trying to enroll new sensors. I'm in NYS so no Discount tire for me.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 PM

you need to read the ids of the old tpms sensors but need the tool as none of the TPMS sensors are not activated. see the diagnostic chart i posted
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

I am not sure I understand. Why do I need the IDs of the old sensors. I can activate he new sensors but I don't seem to be able to is put the car in relearn mode.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM

ok, you need to follow:
Step 1: Set the tires to the following pressures, they have to be exact:
Tire position Tire pressure kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left
knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.
Step 4: Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the last click before the engine starts. This is the KOEO position (Key On, Engine Off).
Step 5: Tap the end of the paper clip (the end NOT in the interface plug, duh!) on any exposed ground (metal) 6 times.
Step 6: If you completed step 5 then the TPMS warning light will start to slowly flash and you have activated the TPMS relearn process. If it flashes
fast that's not right. If yours isn't flashing slowly then check your connections, turn the ignition off and start over at step 4.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah.. I know. This is exactly what I am doing. However, step 5-6 is not working for me. Hence my question- can somebody confirm that this procedure works on FX2009+.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah.. I know. This is exactly what I am doing. However, step 5-6 is not working for me. Hence my question- can somebody confirm that this procedure works on FX2009+.
Code:
Are you sure you got step 2 & 3?

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page