Airbag Control Module 2009 FX35 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Airbag Control Module 2009 FX35

Brought my '09 FX35 for some (expensive) service to fix a faulty door-open switch (turned out to be sun roof drain tubes leaking and shorting the door switch).

But then they hit me with an 8-page booklet of other items the car needed. Total estimate $6,270!

Many are things I'll do much cheaper elsewhere (changing tires, air filters, brakes, etc), but one item caught my attention as both unusual and extremely expensive:

The Air Bag Control Module needs to be replaced. I've noticed the airbag light has been flashing for several months now, so I don't dispute there's an issue, but at nearly $1,600 this is quite expensive. Plus I thought these were supposed to last the life of the vehicle. I bought this car brand new and it still has under 100K miles.

We also have a 2006 Audi A6, and the dealership just replaced our airbags for free under a recall.

So, has anyone else faced this? Should I try to fight this at all?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page