what are we doing for cup holder inserts? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
what are we doing for cup holder inserts?

my fx came with the hinged part broken off of the insert, which from my understanding is pretty common. Water bottles/cups slide right-left on cornering or tip over if they're tall.

the OEM ones are available for about $90CAD, but will I actually be happy with them?

has anyone been able to come up with a reasonable solution? I'm pondering just supergluing a piece of flat plastic vertically onto the insert to keep things from sliding around, but not sure if there's a more elegant fix

2012 fx50s white w/ beige interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
If you can find an OEM cupholder insert for $90 get it. Normally you can only replace it by buying the entire cupholder assembly from Infiniti for about $400-$500. Ridiculous, I know, but a sad reality. I ended up fixing mine with a very small drilled hole, a paper clip, and some fine needle nose pliers. The part that usually fails is the tiny plastic loop that connects the spring loaded cupholder hinged top divider to the retaining shaft.

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I seriously thought about buying some short round boat drop in cupholders and Gorilla gluing them in place. Would keep cups in their place and cost maybe 10 bucks. Mine is broke too and everything flies everywhere....

2005 FX 45 Premium Pearl color....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbentoak View Post
I seriously thought about buying some short round boat drop in cupholders and Gorilla gluing them in place. Would keep cups in their place and cost maybe 10 bucks. Mine is broke too and everything flies everywhere....

this is about what I had pictured, but I couldn't find the drop in cupholders for cheap enough to make me want to try it

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyFX View Post
If you can find an OEM cupholder insert for $90 get it. Normally you can only replace it by buying the entire cupholder assembly from Infiniti for about $400-$500. Ridiculous, I know, but a sad reality. I ended up fixing mine with a very small drilled hole, a paper clip, and some fine needle nose pliers. The part that usually fails is the tiny plastic loop that connects the spring loaded cupholder hinged top divider to the retaining shaft.
keep in mind I'm in a 2g, I think the 1g cupholder insert is not available separately

https://carmarka.com/en/nissan-holde...ons-684311ca0a
this one lands at around 90CAD, which was what the local inf dealership quoted me

https://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Inf...84311ca0a-.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page