Welcome Lighting - Yes or No? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Lighting - Yes or No?

Long before I made the decision to trade our MDX for a new FX I was enamored with the newly announced EX - early information suggested that this could be my "dream" car (mind you this was before it actually debuted and long before any real '09 FX info was available). But I read up and studied everything about the new EX was floored by its new technology, Around View Monitor and Welcome Lighting to name a couple. Alas the EX arrived and it was way too small to fit my needs - and along came the '09 FX.

Now I began reading and studying the FX. The printed brochure says the '09 has Welcome Lighting and I assumed that Infiniti meant like the EX has. Well either Infiniti marketing writers are idiots, or Infiniti is purposely misleading, or my FX is broke. My FX does not appear to respond to my key fob the way the EX does. The EX senses your Intelligent Key and eight exterior and interior lights sequentially light up upon arrival.

The FX cost much more than the EX and the book claims Welcome Lighting. What am I missing?

09 Infiniti FX35 (Blue Slate / Graphite)
Premium, Navigation, & Technology, Wheel Locks, Window Tint, OZ Sardegna 20s w/ Paradas

09 Infiniti G37 Coupe (Moonlight White / Stone)
Journey, Premium, Navigation, Tech, Illuminated Kick Plates, Window Tint, Wheel Locks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Re: Welcome Lighting - Yes or No?

Someone posted before that there's a way to get it set up... it doesn't come preset that way... hopefully one of the 2nd gen FX owners can post how to do it again or you can try to search for it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatMan
Someone posted before that there's a way to get it set up... it doesn't come preset that way... hopefully one of the 2nd gen FX owners can post how to do it again or you can try to search for it...
Thanks, found it. I've been around long enough to know about search, just lazy

Premium, Navigation, & Technology, Wheel Locks, Window Tint, OZ Sardegna 20s w/ Paradas

Journey, Premium, Navigation, Tech, Illuminated Kick Plates, Window Tint, Wheel Locks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax

Putting the link here so when others search (hopefully :P) they find this....

How to set up welcome lighting:
viewtopic.php?p=233767#p233767

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Finally found it in the manual too (must have been half-asleep the first time I looked ); apparently it comes from the factory in the Disabled Mode because it is programmed to deactivate itself after 14 days if inactivity anyway.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM

To activate or deactivate the welcome light
function, perform the following procedure. Note
that the function is set to disabled as the
factory default setting.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Open the driver's side door.
3. Push the door open request switch on the
driver's side door handle for more than 5
seconds with the driver's door open.
4. A chime sounds when the setting is completed.
Once the welcome light function is active, the
puddle light sA and the passenger cabin illumination
will illuminate when you approach the
vehicle with the Intelligent Key (within approximately
3.3 feet (1 m) of the antenna built inside
the door handles) and the following conditions
are met.
- All doors are closed and locked.
- The ignition switch is in the LOCK or OFF
position.
- The Intelligent Key is outside the vehicle.
- The puddle light operates within a set duration.
The welcome light function will be deactivated
automatically if it does not operate within a set
duration to prevent battery discharge. Note that
the duration is set to 14 days as the factory
default setting. An INFINITI dealer can customize
the set duration from 1 to 14 days. Contact
an INFINITI dealer for details.

2009 FX50S // Liquid Platinum Ext // Java Int // Sport Package // Tech Package // K&N Air Filters // Matching Window Tint // Illuminated Kick Plates // Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector // Cargo Protector and Organizer // Moon Roof Deflector // Splash Guards // OEM All-Weather Rubber Floor Mats // 3M Scotchgard Clear Bra // PIAA Super Sporza Wiper Blades // LED Interior Lights // LED Side Mirrors
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Funny you posted this. I had this same issue back in May. I thought I was nuts when I called the dealership and even they said they had no idea that the FX was capable of this. So being determined to prove my sanity to myself and to them, I found it in the owner’s manual then called the idiots back and schooled them on their own car. DUH!

Pretty cars turn heads, mine breaks necks!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My puddle lights are going off for 15 minutes then coming back on and remaining on causing my battery to drain. The overhead cabin lights are on the same circuit and I have switched them to the Off position so they do not burn indefinitely. I have tried resetting the program as described in the manual at least 6 times and hearing the confirmation tone each time. Those lights are still burning, the puddle lights are LED so the drain is not quiet so bad but this has to stop. I looked at the fuse box but could not make sense of it. Any ideas on a solution?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Sounds like you have a weird electrical gremlin... Have you tried unplugging the battery for 30 minutes to see if the settings reset?

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark870 View Post
My puddle lights are going off for 15 minutes then coming back on and remaining on causing my battery to drain. The overhead cabin lights are on the same circuit and I have switched them to the Off position so they do not burn indefinitely. I have tried resetting the program as described in the manual at least 6 times and hearing the confirmation tone each time. Those lights are still burning, the puddle lights are LED so the drain is not quiet so bad but this has to stop. I looked at the fuse box but could not make sense of it. Any ideas on a solution?
Did you ever figure this out? I have an FX35 and just out of the blue it is doing the same thing. Every 20 minutes the lights come on and stay on until I hit the lock button. They then come back on 20 minutes later. It is at the Infinity Dealer now for 2 days and they are stumped and have no idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page