Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums - View Single Post - 06-08 fx35 Curt hitch install. Bad info out there.
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 08:50 AM
preppyr6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppyr6 View Post
Had an opportunity to try out the Hopkins wiring harness...wrapping up the install this weekend. I have the Curt 13558 receiver and found a few sites saying the Hopkins 46365 harness was compatible. I used eTrailer's DIY videos as a guide. I'm down to the last step running the power wire from the trunk to the battery box via underbelly. This is the only step I'm not super thrilled about as I don't like running a power lead outside the car. Everything else was relatively straight forward though.

The price difference is small at the end of the day ($45 vs $100), but I wanted to test it out (and throw the extra $$$ at a plenum spacer)
Well just to follow up, I got it all wired up and my tow wiring tester shows everything working as it should. The biggest pain was routing the power wire underneath, but after that was done everything else worked out fine.

At the end of the day, unless you're really looking to save $50 I'd just opt for the OEM unit.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome