Join Date: Feb 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, dealer quoted several hundreds for a new door handle and replacement. I saw people taking their cars to the dealers for this, and also did not see anybody explaining how easy this job is.
// 10 minutes
1. Order new part from the web, I paid 78 dollars.
2. There is no reason to remove the door liner or anything major.
3. There is a little rubber grommet inside the door, remove that plug and you will see a T30 torx screw, that torx screw connects the door handle escutcheon, ie the chromed piece next to the door handle. Now, I could not find a magnetic torx bit, and the hole is tight and there is a risk that the screw falls inside the door. What I did, I used a pincher that grabs to the base of the screw once I had loosen the screw of the escutcheon.
4. Pull out the eschucheon and then pull out the broken handle.
5. Install the new handle, push in towards the rear and then slide forward.
6. Put the esuctcheon back and tighten the screw
7. Replace the rubber grommet.
// Add another 20 if you drop the screw
If you do need to take the liner of, there is one screw under the inside door handle and two more inside the fake metallic looking part of the inside door handle. Pry it off to get access to the two screws and then just pull the liner off. There are 3 eletric plugs that you need to disconnect and the cables for the inside door handle. Then remove the plastic and try to get access to the bottom part of the door to find your screw. Stuff the top part with something so it won't fall too far when you do it again.
This is my sweet revenge for Infiniti not recalling the actuators and door handles, they are worthless and will fail on all of them
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help with rear door replacement 05 fx35||gb_bzn||General Chat||9||03-27-2019 04:36 PM|
|2010 FX35 trunk door handle (inside)||prestorunner||2nd Gen (2009-)||9||02-02-2012 07:57 PM|
|door handle not opening door||RockyFX45||1st Gen (2003-2008)||12||06-23-2009 04:00 PM|
|Removing door handle||parni_valjak77||Internal and External||6||06-04-2008 01:47 PM|
|Deactivating alarm with door handle button on any door.||bionic35||Audio / Video / Navigation / Electronics||5||06-16-2004 09:52 AM|