Passenger Side Carpet SOAKED!!! - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Passenger Side Carpet SOAKED!!!

So, recently I noticed my carpets were damp while cleaning the carpet today I noticed that the carpet was totally soaked after hard rain. I took of the panel under the glovebox and found a puddle of water in the panel I don't think its the ac vent or anything like that since I peeled off the carpet and saw that the firewall was also fairly wet. The day before that I notice a check engine light on the code was u1000 and after googling it it said it has to do with the air conditioning system, I suspected that the water may have damaged a connection since I was a ECU/ECM looking thing right were all the water accumulated, I deleted the check engine light and It has not come back on since my ac works fine as well. Not just that but also apperantly my truck went on a problem festival im getting all kinds of problems, from my headlight which I ordered to my seat switch which I fixed, and a oil leak from the cooler, torn seat as well and also the steering wheel gears not working. im really desperate to fix my car since I don't want to let it go since I love my infiniti so much, btw I don't want to take it to the delaer because it is way to expensive for the small things I rather order parts on ebay and then just install elsewhere or myself.

Anyways thanks for lending me your time and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you checked if your sunroof drains are clogged?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ditto what TheMole said. I would 99.9% bet one or more of your sunroof drains are plugged. Here is my post from several years ago when it happened to my 2011 FX:
https://www.infinitifx.org/38-2nd-ge...leak-help.html

The first time it happened, the dealer cleaned them for about 200 bucks. But last year they couldn't get them to clear and wound up having to disassemble the instrument panel to the firewall to get to the plugged joint. Much more expensive. When I picked it up the service manager said "seems like you park under a tree". I had to laugh on that one- where in Atlanta are you NOT parked under a tree?? I love my FX but given this I would seriously recommend against the car for anyone who doesn't have exclusively indoor parking. And this for an SUV for cryin' out loud.

By all means search the web- there are tutorials on cleaning the drains, but of course a trade off of time if you have to do it.

Hope this helps!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heap, Sounds like Sunroof Drains. I used 1/4 vinegar and 3 parts water, I do it one a year just to Play it safe. If hose came loose from sunroof, you would have to remove the Sun visor, Trim panel that runs from top to top of dash up to inner roof top, "Passenger side of windashield" then remove the handle that is above window. On passenger side. Then you can pull the roof down some and see if your hose came loose. Hope that helps.

2003 FX45 20 inch decorsa STELLAR Rims Hyper Silver
Dimond Graphite & Black Roof Rack Package
L.E.D Signal light up grade 1st Edition.
Axxess, IPOD/XM Radio Upgrade
Momo Chrome Leather Knob & Shifter Upgrade
Smoke Chrome Tail Lights Upgrade
EZ Pass Upgrade LOL
Home Made Anti Theft Device, Fluffy Pillow With 300 Needles
For Theif to Sit on. : )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List