Headlight stays on even when switch is off, wiper, fog light and AC compressor no mor - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Headlight stays on even when switch is off, wiper, fog light and AC compressor no mor

When I bought My FX45 about 2 months ago everything was fine. However, the car wipers,front fogs,side mirrors and rear defogger no longer work. After doing some research I learned that this is tied to the IPDM. Could anyone please help me resolve my issue?
Thank you in advance

-Andy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has it been raining at your location lately? It's possibly water may have gotten into the IPDM. Water can build in the battery tray and around it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello THEMOLE,
My car had a leak from the sunroof drain and that could also be a possibility. I unclogged the sunroof drain and the cars leaking seems to have stopped. What would you recommend doing?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2martinez View Post
Hello THEMOLE,
My car had a leak from the sunroof drain and that could also be a possibility. I unclogged the sunroof drain and the cars leaking seems to have stopped. What would you recommend doing?
Where did it leak in the car?

For starters, I would remove the battery and see if there is water built up under the tray. To remove the battery you need to remove the access panel and the panel itself which are just held on by push clips that you unscrew. To remove the battery tray, you just have to undo 2 bolts I believe. The bottom most bolt might be covered in dirt and rust so it may be hard to see. My battery tray had quite a bit of residual water and mud built up so I took it out and cleaned it off. Also, I didn't reinstall the lower mounting bolt so that water could drain through the hole in the future.

There are 2 fuse boxes in this area by the battery so you can check if any of them are burnt out. Also look for signs of water in the area.

Let us know how it goes!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:27 PM

Having same problem please post if you solved any of these very common issues thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page