Bubbling Dash Status? - Page 2 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like company on ebay has a new dash cover that fits the 03-05 fx dash, but only in black. Its about $185/free shipping is supposed to look like original dash, it is plastic but can be died to match. I may take a try at it as its less than the coverlay. I did get the carpet version through Costco, not great, returned it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 PM

I'm the 2nd owner (uncle was the first) o fan 05' FX 35 with insane bubbling on the dash. When I called the dealership a few months ago about it, they told me I was out of luck because it was out of warranty. Are you saying that you got yours replaced for free this way? I will make a cross country drive if your dealership is still honoring this
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 03:23 AM

Dash Cover

I bought an '08FX35 in February '17. Knew nothing about this dash problem. Lexus had the same problem with their early RX300's and RX350's. Knock on wood, my dash is in excellent condition and doesn't look as though it's ever been replaced. Anyway, check the attached link to Advance Auto. I bought this cover about 3 weeks ago. Fits perfectly and the color match is pretty darn close. I'm well pleased. Advance had an online promotion of a 25% discount when I ordered mine. I paid $27.00 and some change delivered to my front door. The photo on Advance's web site looks like the cover is all one piece. It's actually two pieces. One for the overall dash and one for the instrument cluster. I had a similar cover in my previous vehicle. A cheap preventive maintenance policy that doesn't take away appeal from my dash. Also, if you're like me, I don't like attaching sticky stuff to my car, like the Velcro strips that come with the dash cover, I'm going to use double sided tape and tape a piece of anti skid, rug backing material to mine. It worked well on my previous vehicle and makes removing the cover for cleaning and/or whatever a little easier than pulling on Velcro. The anti skid backing pad from the "Dollar Tree" works just fine. Just my $00.02 worth of input. Good luck.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...erm=dash+cover

Last edited by porkchop; 01-06-2018 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Misspellings

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:18 PM

I bought my 2005 FX35 new and have always loved it. My dash started bubbling last year. I came across something yesterday that said there was an extended warranty for this but was only good until your car was 8 years old. I called the Infinity number to see if they would still honor it. Nope.
Last week the SES light came on (flashing while driving) with the rough engine idle. I now have a love/hate relationship with my car. LOL. There is only 163,000 miles on her and I want her around for a few more years, so paying to have it fixed. This is the last $$$ I will spend on her though.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM

When I took my '04 FX35 into dealer for airbag recall in spring, I asked about dash bubbling-service manager said there was a recall but many of the dashes replaced bubbled again...when I give car to my son this fall, I'll leave it up to him if he wants to get it covered or not.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:20 PM

I bought my 05 last year with a bubbled dash. The price was too good to pass up, and I have LOVED the car.

There were several class action lawsuits, it even affected Toyota, but judges always set a time limit.

Coverlay has a really nice option if you plan of keeping it.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:41 PM

Garage
I wonder if this issue was resolved when they did the facelift in 06, because the majority of those I hear affected are all 03-05 models... could just be coincidence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page