Problem with lock of liftgate / rear hatch - Page 5 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Having this same problem... all locks,buttons,fobs work normally but try to open the hatch, press button by license plate and NOTHING. Front pass door locked or unlocked no difference. then occasionally it will work on its own intermittently for no reason...

What would be the #1 thing to replace here? Rear hatch actuator? Fuse seems fine and pulling/replacing it does not make it work when it's in the non working mode....

2005 FX 45 Premium Pearl color....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Can you hear the actuator work in the hatch when you unlock it? If not then replace the actuator. If you hear it then the switch is to blame.

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyFX View Post
Can you hear the actuator work in the hatch when you unlock it? If not then replace the actuator. If you hear it then the switch is to blame.
As I said in another thread, it is really odd how the locks/tailgate lock works on this car. The day I posted this with any combination of doors locked ..unlocked opened /closed... the rear gate would not actuate.... no noise, no nothing, just a dead piece of spongy rubber.... messed with if or 20 min and gave up assuming something was broken...

Next day come out, click the fob to unlock and the gate opens 1st time every time except when all locked is pushed. I couldn't get it to miss the next day. Over the 60 days I've owned it, it has worked right about 90% of the time. ALL door actuators/locks still work perfectly and flawlessly.

I think it has a gremlin, but I don't know how to attack or even define when it will happen.....

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
You might have a partially loose connection at the actuator or, and this is difficult to find or fix, a partially separated or kinked wire between power and the actuator..

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That happens all of the door actuators. It because of the cheap DC motor.

Brushed DC motor has a limited lifetime that caused by 'brush'

Once the brush getting shorter, DC motor start to having a problem.

I have experience with the rear hatch door lock, I simply open the DC motor and clean up the contact of the brush part.

You may check the following link.

https://www.infinitifx.org/13-1st-ge...tch-issue.html
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 PM

What did you clean it with? Contact cleaner? Did you clean out the housing you pulled off too, or just the shaft/commutator?

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the FUSE info!

I think it's on this site somewhere. Try Googling "Infiniti FX door actuaters" and scrool down. Plenty of discussions.

There is a tiny part that suffers when the cars get hot. Mine work great in the winter and just now are crappying out. It's a lot less work to lean over and pop the passenger door [no kids so rarely need to get in the rear] than replace them. When it cools off the locks will probably work great again.

Oh, and the gas door craps out. There is an access panel on the right side of the rear cargo area. If your fuel door won't open - HEY !!! You can't put fuel in! exciting... So, listen up kids... Pull off that panel.. have a flashlight and expect to get your hand dirty... You need a flashlight to see it. You have to look inside and slight UP to see it. But there is a small shaft that connects to the gas door release. Pull that rearward and- OPEN! Yes.. fun. I was going to replace that actuator, then realized it was easy to get to once you knew how to reach inside and up and pull on it. I tried lubricating it..and ended up with more of a sticky mess and a door that never opened without manually pulling the shaft rearwards. Then I got smrt, and cleaned up the inside of the gas door/filler area.. and particularly the small latch. It's plastic. Once I got the area and latch realy clean- suddenlhy NO more gas release issues. Now that i wrote this up it will probably die for good.

BTW, if your door locks all fail just pull out that little emergency key from the remote. A lot of people don't realize it's there and has a "real key" inside. Pull it out, stick it in the drivers door- you know, old school. You can do the same with the ignition too. I went through all this with my wife. [Not a car person but willing to learn things.] If she can do it, you can do it. She CAN do it!

Have fun--and you should be able to find videos of all this stuff using a Google search + You Tube.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Simply use sandpaper & kitchen towel, That's it.
That's all you need.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List