Front end noise when turning, braking, and speeding up???? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front end noise when turning, braking, and speeding up????

Ok, I know there are dozens of threads about similar issues. However, mine is different than any other I have read about. So here is the information.

05 fx35, AWD.

The Noise happens when I speed up, hit the brake, or turn.

Does not happen at all if I'm in reverse.

It sounds a little like the bearing are completely shot accept I can feel something grip and release when turning slowly. (Almost like when hand cranking a riding lawn mower to help it atart.) I think it sounds like metal on metal.

I jacked it up and turned both front tires, no sound and no play in them. So I know it ain't the bearings. The tyrods are tight, the axles seem to be in good condition as well.

The only other thing is there seems to now be a decent leak of oil, whereas before it was just a drip here and there.

I'm at a loss, and everything g I find online isn't the same issue. Any help would be greatfully appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Even if there's no play in the wheels, try using a scanning thermometer on the bearings... If one is running hotter than the other, that's probably it... It's a very common failure item on the FX... And if it's never been replaced, it could be more than 1 bearing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply! I replaced all of them last year and the year before (I didn't torque right). The reason I'm thinking it can't be the bearing is because it make a clank noise. Like it I took a think piece of rusted metal and hit another with it.

If you think the bearing could be doing that I will definitely test it out.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Also take a look at this:

https://www.infinitiscene.com/thread...e-shaft.46903/

I think mine might be gone too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page