DIY reset TPMS for snow tires - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DIY reset TPMS for snow tires

I searched and couldn't really find a thread on how I can swap out my summer tires for winter tires without going to a dealer/tirerack/discount tire etc.

I have a 2005 FX35 and want to pick up another OEM set of 20's and some blizzaks and want to know if there is a way to have the system update to the second set.
OEM rims, OEM TPMS sensors,

I read a few threads on setting each tire to a different but specific pressure, then finding a connector by the OBD port but couldn't find info specific to an FX. That was on a G35 forum.

I also found this
https://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS401-M...pms+reset+tool

How do you guys deal with swapping tires every season? I can't live with the light on the dash, and it seems like a waste of money to have a dealer program every time.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I bought something off of Tire Rack several years back and it never seemed to work right... Now I just go for oil changes at Costco and ask them to reset my TPMS for me and they usually do it for free...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page