Tire Recommendations (2015) - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tire Recommendations (2015)

Over the years there have been quite a few discussions regarding tires and I am wondering what current thoughts are on the topic. I have a 2008 FX35 with the 20" wheels running Yoko Avid Envigors. Those tires have given me lots of shimmy problems (despite adjusting the steering tension bolt) so I'm avoiding the apparently still popular Yoko Parada's. I need an all season tire given that I'm in NY which rules out the Hankook RH06.

I'm leaning towards one of the following but haven't locked in yet:

Michelin Latitude Tour HP
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
Firestone Destination SL

Anyone have any experiences with these and/or am I missing better options?

Thx in advance.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Correction to the above - I meant to write:

Firestone Destination ST

Thx

Ron
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 AM

I am curious to see the replys to your questions as I am in the same position. I have an FX37 AWD in need of some new shoes, and I live in Indiana so snow is a factor sometimes. FWIW the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus is the highest rated tire for crossover/SUV on Tire Rack right now and there are great video reviews of all the tires that you are considering. Personally, I am leaning towards the Verde AS Plus. Michelin also has a new contender called the Premier LTX, but I haven't been able to find any reliable reviews, and they are significantly more expensive than the Pirelli.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:38 PM

I am in the same boat. From searching the forums on this site and general internet searches, I've narrowed it down to the following tires:

Michelin Latitude Tour HP
Yokohama Parada Spec-x

I did some searches on the above, I've found a lot of fx35 (and Murano, Acura MDX, etc) owners giving the Yoko's high regard. The negatives seem to be the fact that they can form flat spots if they sit for a while that would work their way out after a few miles of driving. The Michelin's seem like a good all-around tire but they are more expensive, and potentially not as nice looking as the Yoko's. Anyway, that is my thought process at this time.

Anyone else out there with recommendations on the above? I'm thinking I probably can't go too wrong with either. I'm in Seattle so I need something good on wet roads, not so much snow.

Currently I've got about 60k miles on Toyo's, and they have been ok, but I'm hoping for something with better performance and reliability in wet conditions, I'm not too concerned with the price.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:42 PM

Best Tires for FX45

Hi, I'm in the same boat...trying to replace my current Michelins with whatever is the best tire! They've been great tires, but there at the stage of needing to be replaced. The ride (from the wear) isn't so smooth anymore, but they were great tires and handled equally well in Arizona and Washington weather. However the current tires are over 4 years old, and I am not sure if there is now a better alternative. I know Michelins are not inexpensive, and I hear Costco carries them at a better price. Though I hear Costco's service is atrocious, and you have to take your vehicle elsewhere to be aligned. Price is really not the deciding factor for me, I'm more concerned about handling, safety and reliability. So, I'm hoping to hear what tires others are happy with to help me make a wise choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page