VDC OFF and SLIP lights on!! ABS problem? - Page 3 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks a million, my FX35 2003 suddenly stopped at the stop sign yesterday and the VDC off light with Slip light came on. I quickly drove it to a Machanic workshop when it started again after a few munites. But the Mechanic man was as ignorant as I was. He opened the hood began to touch the belts. He said we need to tighten the belts. I asked how long will that take him as I was on my way to work and don't want to be late to work. He said a couple of hours. I told him that I will be back tomorrow morning as I can't wait now. Well as soon as I left his workshop the the light got turned off. Today as I was on way back from work the engine stopped fireing but the car was still rolling, all of a sudden it started again. Bless God I began praising God till I got home. Only to google the problem now and was very impressed at the solutions here. I do believe this was true with mine. Tomorrow morning I will top the brake fluid and do a complete service. I am optimistic that that is it. Praise you Jesus. Thanks to all of you who comment here. God bless you. +Bona Abraham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If i were you i wouldn't ever go back to that mechanic. I tightened my belts a couple weeks ago at my cousins place and it took not even 5 minutes. He will rob you
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vdc off /slip

My 2007 FX35 Sport started acting up this summer. VDC OFF Light came on and stayed for a day or two. Then went out for a day or so. It started to come on more often and staying longer. Finally it was staying on all the time. Infiniti manual says it could a one of many things. I discovered that my rear brake pads, especially the right rear were getting quite thin. Fronts were still good. Put new pads on the back and light went out.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM

The VDC OFF and SLIP light came back on a few days later, and stayed on until I disconnected the battery completely to reboot the computer. All is well now. I still believe that the worn brake pads in the rear was the cause of it all. Maybe had I disconnected the battery before changing the brakes, it may have reset and been OK for a while.

Last edited by geosur; 09-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
YES. Worn brake pads will cause those sorts of glitches. Worn pads will also prevent your cruise control from engaging or from staying engaged.

Formerly 2006 FX45 Serengeti Sand and Wheat, Chrome Pillars, Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Formerly 2009 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Presently 2013 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

It's a great car!
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Amazing forum, thanks guys. I had the VDC and SLIP lights coming on for a week or so on my 2007 FX35 and finally googled it. I already knew my front brake pads were very low so I got new brake pads. Lights immediately went out. Hopefully they will stay out!
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 11:29 PM

I have a 03 FX45 ans my ABS, VDC, BRAKE, AWD, and SLIP lights are on. I took it to the Nissan dealership here, as I do not have a Consult, They said it was the rear left ABS Wheel Sensor. I bought the sensor and changed it. Took it back to the dealer to get the codes cleared and they wouldn't clear. they just kept coming up with the same codes. I have new cross drilled and slotted rotors, New Hawk HPS pads, fresh transmission flush, differentials flush, transfer case flush, and new brake fluid. All fluids are Nissan OEM. Any Ideas?
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 02:52 PM

My 2008 Infiniti FX35 has started to (very occasionally) make a thunk sound when putting it into gear and a vibrating sound and brakes briefly don't grab. It goes away immediately, but is scary. I am sick of spending a fortune on major repairs on this car. Is this a common problem with FX35 cars? Any warranty or recall on it?
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 02:33 PM

Angry Vdc off light, abs light and slip light on, car starting issues

I am having some strange problems with my 2007 G35 Infiniti Sudan AWD... as the weather got colder my car would have problems starting. The battery was changed and after two weeks the starting problem reoccured. After bringing it to the shop and charging the battery the car started but the VDC OFF, Slip lights and ABS light turned on and then the tires stopped turning. The mechanic thought it was a brake problem, the brakes were very old and worn, he changed the brakes and the brake flex hose but the problem still exists. We put the car on the scanner and got the C1142 code for an ABS malfunction. I am reading and realizing that it may be either the wheel sensors or the actuator. I am hoping it is not the actuator as they are very expensive to replace. Was anyone else's cars having trouble starting. My car will not start and then when I eventually get it to start the VDC OFF, Slip light and ABS light will turn on and the ABS kicks in effecting the movement of the wheels. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by cassandra.reid; 02-20-2015 at 02:38 PM.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 09:53 AM

on my 2004 FX35 I had the same issue VDC OFF, SLIP, BRAKE lights on after I replaced ABS cable, wheel sensor (aftermarket) on my front right wheel. I thought there was problem in the connector. But after filling brake fluid to MAX (was MIN), this problem was resolved immediately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page