Monoblock Forged Rims / Ideal offset and tires for 22 x 9.5 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Monoblock Forged Rims / Ideal offset and tires for 22 x 9.5

Has anyone bought monoblock forged rims?

What would be the ideal offset for a 22 x 9.5 rim? And what would be the ideal tire to fit on a 9.5 rim? I have spent a fair amount of time with the offset calculator but can not get a great sense of what to do (I am able to pick my offset as the wheels are being made for me)?

I think that a 285/40/22 tire is the best bet for a 9.5" rim as when you put in this size tire it states that it will work on a 8.5 to 10.5 rim.

If I go with a 25mm offset the wheels will stick out 34mm and the wheels/tire will stick out 25mm.

If I go with a 33mm offset the wheel will stick out 25mm and the wheel/tire will stick out $17mm.

Does anyone know which is a better setup - and if I really need to bring the rmi out 34mm with this tire to bring out the wheel/tire the ideal 25mm?

I have talked to the mfg and he would be interested in doing a group buy if anyone has interest in ordering - he is very reasonable...

03 FX35 AWD/ DG/ StrongStrut STB/ Stillen Cold Intake/ Aluminum Rails/ Clear Taillights/ KYB Struts/ H & R Springs/ 22x9.5 Giovanna Caracas' with 285/40/22 Falcons/ ipod integration kit/ cargo cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Re: Monoblock Forged Rims / Ideal offset and tires for 22 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnoah
If I go with a 33mm offset the wheel will stick out 25mm and the wheel/tire will stick out $17mm.
This is probably the safest bet... almost no one has complained about rubbing with +25mm overall on their FXs... however, if you don't plan on dropping your FX, you could probably go with +30mm with no problems... anything over that and you're taking a risk...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page