Bad Rear Suspension Member - 2003 FX AWD - Help! - Page 2 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax
Re: Bad Rear Suspension Member - 2003 FX AWD - Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnoah
If there is someone out there that is enterprising who could develop a bolt on bushing they probably would be able to sell quite a few of them as it sounds like this part fails fairly often...
This is the first case reported here in 7 years. I wouldnt say fairly often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I know viet broke his, but hard launches with the twin turbo's was probably a contributing factor :P somehow I think I'll be breaking mine soon too

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03 fx35 awd, tech-sport, black diamond pearl custom paint, H&R lowered/cut, 3 pc maya 20's w/yoko parada spec-x's, 07 body upgrade, 07 dash w/10" sunlight viewable touchscreen pc, factory tech nav display relocated overhead, mercedes s550 mirror turn signal mod, g37 paddle shifters
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Add another to the list.......Just had my '03 FX35 serviced recently and while the car was at the dealership I mentioned to them that I could hear a click coming from the drivers side rear suspension, you could also feel it when accelerating from a stop position. Turns out that the rear k-member bushing leaked out all the fluid and apparently the whole assembly needs to be replaced. Dealership quoted me just under $1600 for parts and labor! Haven't had it fixed yet, not completely convinced that by not having it fixed, its doing other damage to the vehicle. FYI, just hit 100k miles too.

OLD: 2003 FX35 | Brilliant Silver | Black Int | 22" Black Asanti 126's | Caskyline Grille | Smoked Tail Lights | De-Badged | 6K Fogs | Bat Overlays | Interior LED Lighting
NEW: 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 | Billet Silver Metallic CC | Black Suede Int

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub
Add another to the list.......Just had my '03 FX35 serviced recently and while the car was at the dealership I mentioned to them that I could hear a click coming from the drivers side rear suspension, you could also feel it when accelerating from a stop position. Turns out that the rear k-member bushing leaked out all the fluid and apparently the whole assembly needs to be replaced. Dealership quoted me just under $1600 for parts and labor! Haven't had it fixed yet, not completely convinced that by not having it fixed, its doing other damage to the vehicle. FYI, just hit 100k miles too.
If you do, buy it online:
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/partloc ... atalogid=0

$668.06 retail, $542.80 on the website. Some dealers even charge over retail, way over retail in some items. So even with shipping it's probably a steal.

As John said, ~$500 to install at a local shop.

03 Infiniti FX45 | DG/Graphite | Tech | DVD | cargo organizer | H&R | Custom Grill | Moda 22"x9.5" | Goodyear 265/40/22 | Tints | Akebono | Momo | Winter Mats | Black Rails | Tow Package | LED int/ext lights | LED Mirrors | Nismo Radiator Cap | STB | HID Fogs | JEGS Air Oil Separator | HKS Exhaust | Y Pipe | Hankook I*Pike RW11 265/50/20 | Front/Rear GTSpec Braces | AP Racing 6/4
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Can't see having it repaired at the dealer for $1600. I am going to have the local shop I use sometimes take a look at it and give me a quote. If it comes back at around $1000, I might get it done, but I am in no hurry as I don't think it is damaging the rest of the suspension.

OLD: 2003 FX35 | Brilliant Silver | Black Int | 22" Black Asanti 126's | Caskyline Grille | Smoked Tail Lights | De-Badged | 6K Fogs | Bat Overlays | Interior LED Lighting
NEW: 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 | Billet Silver Metallic CC | Black Suede Int
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocad6
I know viet broke his, but hard launches with the twin turbo's was probably a contributing factor :P somehow I think I'll be breaking mine soon too
I wish mine was broken... Sigh...

04 RWD-BS/Grph '35-Touring-railless-shaved-Ztek yback exhaust (PM me B4 buying Z-tek) Crawford plenum-ztube/sincity mod-JWT popper-lower billet grille-Stillen STB-20s w/Yoko ENVigors (3/11).
FINALLY on car: H&R Springs. Now on!!.. 20mm Ichiba spacers!
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Earmarking for the link to the part, as I have this issue as well.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

same here and dealer quoted me $1700 parts and labor.
05 fx35 with 83k M.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

I still thing that there has to be an easier solution than to pull the whole thing out...

If anyone has done anywork under these and/or poked around while their car was up on the rack it looks like if someone would creat a a bushing bypass (I like the sound of that - very medical sounding) it sould work.

Here is what I am thinking. The current setup is a liquid filled bushing with the hollow, open rod coming out from the center of the bushing... picture the rear diff having a hollow rod coming off the back of it that is rested in the middle of the bushing - which keeps it from moving about too much. if you could slide another rod into the middle of the existing rod that has a bushing on the other side of it and then attach that to the rear suspension it should do the job... to make things easier there are already a few predrilled holes in the suspension member - so a properly crafted part with all the holes lined up could be installed in aobut 10 minutes once the car was up on the lift...

I hate to say I hope more of these parts fail - but I hope more of these fail so that someone creates a simple fix...

03 FX35 AWD/ DG/ StrongStrut STB/ Stillen Cold Intake/ Aluminum Rails/ Clear Taillights/ KYB Struts/ H & R Springs/ 22x9.5 Giovanna Caracas' with 285/40/22 Falcons/ ipod integration kit/ cargo cover
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 02:38 AM

If you decide to get the OEM part, see if the dealer will price match the Infinitipartsusa.com price. I did that with our Murano (FWD) when we needed to replace our leaking high pressure steering hose. I asked if they price matched and they yes, just as long as I provided a print out from nissanparts2u.com with the price and part#. I saved on the shipping when the dealer special ordered it. I looked up the high pressure power steering hose for the FX (before we got rid of the murano and into the FX) and it was actually cheaper than the Murano's for some odd reason hence another reason we got the FX =D.

1988 Firebird (His)
2006 Murano (Hers-sold)
2008 FX35 (Hers/kiddos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page