Slip, VDC, and AWD lights are all on - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradical Send a message via MSN to bradical
Slip, VDC, and AWD lights are all on

all,

ive been searching here and i cant seem to find the same combination of lights as i am seeing on the dash right now.

just had my springs and suspension installed and now i am getting SLIP, VDC, and AWD lights on constantly. i havent tried the ECU reset yet.

a lot of others seem to have brake or SES as well, but i do not have those on at all.

does anyone know what might be happening with this specific combo of lights?

thanks

brad

Zaino shine! | Eibach Pro-Kit | Stillen STB | +2 | K&N filter | dual ORG stickers | Sirius/stealth antenna | dual JL 8" subs | bug deflector

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax
Re: Slip, VDC, and AWD lights are all on

Did they break a wheel sensor or forget to plug one in? Does it remain on after turning off the vehicle and restarting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

it comes back after restarting.

its possible that they forgot to plug one in...but what is the "wheel sensor"?

Zaino shine! | Eibach Pro-Kit | Stillen STB | +2 | K&N filter | dual ORG stickers | Sirius/stealth antenna | dual JL 8" subs | bug deflector

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage

The wheel sensors detect wheel speed and use this information in your VDC and AWD systems. This should help: From the brake section of the service manual(courtesy of infinitihelp.com)[attachment=1:ktr7ywzv]ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 30 20.52.gif[/attachment:ktr7ywzv][attachment=0:ktr7ywzv]ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 30 20.53.gif[/attachment:ktr7ywzv]
Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 30 20.52.gif (56.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 30 20.53.gif (41.8 KB, 45 views)

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks.

i talked to the shop and it looks like the ABS sensor might be cooked. after the reattached the sensor and cleared the codes, it threw a code indicating that the sensor was bad. we tried clearing it again and its still coming back.

on a side note, here are some things ive learned in the past 4 days:

1) if you lower your FX, be sure to REPLACE the suspension struts and shocks regularly.

2) inspect the aftermarket springs at least once every year in detail, even the ones that did not snap had the protective coating peeling off and TONS of rust on the spring. i beleive that this is what caused the inevitable snap of my spring and im lucky that those did not snap right in middle where the rust was and while i was driving.

3) after going back to the stock springs and new shocks, my FX now looks like a monster truck and i hate it (( ..... the ride is much more "bouncy" as well.

looks like i might be out another 200-300 bucks to get a new sensor with labor ((

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical
looks like i might be out another 200-300 bucks to get a new sensor with labor ((
Why? It was working before the shop did any work, so the shop probably broke it doing whatever they did... make THEM pay for it...

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page