ABS, VDC, SLIP LIGHTS AND THE DEALER - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tekagga
ABS, VDC, SLIP LIGHTS AND THE DEALER

Ok i think i may have been ripped but I dont know. I know this has been on the thread before but i havent read anything like what i am about to explain.

This is what happened today:

Lights came on about a week ago and I havent driven the car but 2 or 3 days for a few miles. Normally everyone said that brakes needed to be switched. Finally had some time during the day I went to get brakes serviced and they said there was nothing wrong with pads and that there was still life in them...

I went to the dealership and they didn't figure it out and they charged me a hour of service and they suggested because my tire sizes were the cause. I run alexus' setup with the 20'' Sevas wrapped with toyo proxes. F 265-50-20 and R 295-45-20. They say the 5 mm difference is the cause of this which may be right but I think is BS because I had this set up for over 15,000+ miles. I had those lights flash on me once when I first bought the car new but that was for one day it didn't come back since. They told me since the wheels are after market they couldn't warranty the service which was absolutely BS.

Any suggestions to reset these lights manually or fix this?

I also would like if someone in vegas or cali can help me out with dealer service to get this problem fixed. My parents house is in cali and it wouldnt be a problem there. I assume there are more dealers over there. Vegas has just one.

2007 BLK/BLK BOLTED DOWN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:17 AM

i dont know about the infiniti but i used to reset my honda by disconnecting the ecu or the battery for 5 minutes. if the lights come back then you still have the problem. im sure someone has a better way than this

wanted
two 03-05 oem front grilles
pm
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax
Yeah try the battery disconnect to reset. This is a somewhat common problem. I had it early https://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... t=vdc+slip and they changed something. I have had it come on once or twice since then, but it goes away when i shut off the car. I just ignore it since it does not affect the vehicle that i can tell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

I dont have ABS and i would like that...

ANYONE ELSE??

2007 BLK/BLK BOLTED DOWN
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
you gotta have abs, all fx's have abs.

I had this same problem I think, the trigger for all those lights is the brake fluid level being low. this is why they say normally you need brakes at that point, because the caliper pistons, as the brakes wear, they come out more & more from there bore in the caliper, & the fluid takes the place of the piston. this fluid comes from the reservoir. when the fluid is low enough then usually you'll need brakes, when they put new brakes in, the pistons are pushed back into the caliper & it displaces the fluid, forcing the level in the reservoir back high enough that the lights don't come on any more.

check your brake fluid, even if it's just above the minimum line, it still can trigger this float, add a bit of brake fluid & your problem should go away if it's the same problem I've seen...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03 fx35 awd, tech-sport, black diamond pearl custom paint, H&R lowered/cut, 3 pc maya 20's w/yoko parada spec-x's, 07 body upgrade, 07 dash w/10" sunlight viewable touchscreen pc, factory tech nav display relocated overhead, mercedes s550 mirror turn signal mod, g37 paddle shifters
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

that was my the first thing i did..

2007 BLK/BLK BOLTED DOWN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page