gas mileage - Page 2 - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I agree with Dat on these things. Be careful with an intake though, if you use an oiled intake filter like mine and I think Dats you have to clean it properly and oil it. When it's done right you get a mileage increase. When it gets dirty mileage goes down a fair bit. I noticed this the last time I had it properly cleaned. If you don't want an aftermarket intake just make sure you change your air filter regularly. For the plugs I changed mine at about the same point as Dat. If you put low miles on your car they can seize in place if you try to use them right up to their 100K rating. My car would have taken 10 years to reach 100K KM so I changed them early.

My choice for gas is Chevron 94 almost religiously. 94 because I advanced the timing years ago.

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyFX View Post
My choice for gas is Chevron 94 almost religiously. 94 because I advanced the timing years ago.
+1... I'm pretty sure CHEVRON is the American equivalent for ESSO in Canada... And your octane ratings are slightly different from ours I think as well, so your 93-94 is the Canadian equivalent of 91 or something weird like that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the info, gents. Much appreciated!

Concerning the car alarm, I've never heard a beep from the security on locking, so we were checking the manual about it. It mentioned the light by the wipers inside, which does flash red when we lock. The headlights flash but no beep. If there's no alarm, there's no security cuz it doesn't let me know anything's happening, right?

So we saw something in the manual about holding both lock and unlock at the same time. I did that and since then the headlights no longer flash when unlocking either. I like to see the ears go up when I whistle... Cant get it back now.

While I'm at it, one more thing. It seems to be a little glitchy electrically. Sometimes the CD or A/C will just start on their own at startup. Once I parked in street parking to run into the store. Got out, with everything closed up. Locked as I walked. When I got back, both front windows were down about 3 inches.

Any thoughts on how to activate security alarm?

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

For the lights, you have to go in through the setup in the system (not sure how to do that on an 04)...

For the horn honk, you have to press the same buttons at exactly the same time for 3 seconds within range of your FX... The lights should flash if it works... So test it and the next time you should hear the horn honk... But it's too loud for me so I got a BEEP module, then later upgraded to a better alarm... Talking about alarms, the stock alarm in MOST car is ****... In the FX it's **** too... It'll only go off if someone tries to open the doors when they're locked... Only problem is if you shove a screwdriver in the keyhole and turn it counterclockwise I think, the windows will roll down and if you press the unlock button inside the car, it'll shut off the alarm. You still can't drive away cause of the engine immobilizer, but you can take whatever you want from inside the car at your leisure... So when I wanted to get a car starter, I went with one that had an alarm too.

Oh, and the windows thing... If you press your Unlock button within range of your FX and hold it down, it'll roll down the windows for you... Stupid feature, but a feature nonetheless... So you probably just had something poking your FOB in your pocket as you walked away or to your car...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I had the same thing with the windows. I was in my shop with the fob in my pocket and came out to find my windows all the way down. Depends on what else you have in your pocket. For the screwdriver break in trick I replaced my drivers door lock escutcheon with a blank so that there is no keyhole to see. A knowledgeable break in guy will see right through it but a crack head trying to break in for change gets confused.

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Did the same thing... Worked perfect till I had an electric gremlin that was draining my battery... :P

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow! Such great tips we can pick up from you guys! Thanks for your attentive responses and maintaining this forum. You've really cleared up my questions. I'll be referring back often to continue the learning.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Do things one step at a time and let us know if any of them helped your mileage!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page