vdc and slip lights suddenly turned on, any problem? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vdc and slip lights suddenly turned on, any problem?

hi guys, ladies.... i was driving home today, and glanced at my dash, and the vdc off, and slip (lights) were on, i tried pressing the vdc button, but no response, it stayed lit. i got home, and turned off the car, waited a moment, turned it back on, and they did not appear (good). there was no change in the way the car handled/drove, but... is this a sign of bad things to come, has anyone had this happen to them? any feedback would be appreciated! thanks ... i have had my fx35 since dec, and it is my first, and hopefully only *bad thing? to happen thus far.

'08 black on black w/tech pkg. *after a long search, bug deflector found and installed..weather tech air vents *they work great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Re: vdc and slip lights suddenly turned on, any problem?

Most likely it is your brake fluid level and/or brake pads when the VDC and SLIP lights are on together. Best of luck and make sure to report back
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks so much for being concerned about my problem with the vdc/slip light, well, it did not appear again, and i read my manual and discovered several potential reasons why it happened, not the brake fluid or pads in my case, what i got from it was a rough road etc... anyway, all seems to be well. thanks again for taking an interest. * my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!

'08 black on black w/tech pkg. *after a long search, bug deflector found and installed..weather tech air vents *they work great.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by effex3508
my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!
There have been instances when these lights have come on (plus one more if I remember correctly but don't remember which one) due to the brake fluid being low... it's a very quick check just to make sure... and sometimes the low brake fluid is more of an indication of your brake pads needing to be replaced soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Probably your camshaft sensor. It seems to trip those lights when it starts to go bad. Sometimes it causes the starter to not turn over or stall the engine when driving also. cheap fix. 35 dollar part at advance auto parts store. easy to do.

Brilliant Silver 2004 FX45 w/ tech package
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 motor oil w/ K&N oil filter #1010
Denso Iridium Power Plugs IKH16
Yokohama YK580
5k HID bulb switch from the factory 4.2K HID bulb
Cool Blue LED parking lights
Bright White LED reverse lights
3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Pillars
K&N Air Filter
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM

Check your brake fluid
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by effex3508
my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!
There have been instances when these lights have come on (plus one more if I remember correctly but don't remember which one) due to the brake fluid being low... it's a very quick check just to make sure... and sometimes the low brake fluid is more of an indication of your brake pads needing to be replaced soon...
I would tun the code and see what tripped those lights to be sure, any auto shop will do for free.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page