Infiniti FX Forum banner

vdc and slip lights suddenly turned on, any problem?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  happybb 
#1 ·
hi guys, ladies.... i was driving home today, and glanced at my dash, and the vdc off, and slip (lights) were on, i tried pressing the vdc button, but no response, it stayed lit. i got home, and turned off the car, waited a moment, turned it back on, and they did not appear (good). there was no change in the way the car handled/drove, but... is this a sign of bad things to come, has anyone had this happen to them? any feedback would be appreciated! thanks ... i have had my fx35 since dec, and it is my first, and hopefully only *bad thing? to happen thus far.

#3 ·
thanks so much for being concerned about my problem with the vdc/slip light, well, it did not appear again, and i read my manual and discovered several potential reasons why it happened, not the brake fluid or pads in my case, what i got from it was a rough road etc... anyway, all seems to be well. thanks again for taking an interest. * my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!

#4 ·
effex3508 said:
my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!
There have been instances when these lights have come on (plus one more if I remember correctly but don't remember which one) due to the brake fluid being low... it's a very quick check just to make sure... and sometimes the low brake fluid is more of an indication of your brake pads needing to be replaced soon...

#5 ·
Probably your camshaft sensor. It seems to trip those lights when it starts to go bad. Sometimes it causes the starter to not turn over or stall the engine when driving also. cheap fix. 35 dollar part at advance auto parts store. easy to do.

#7 ·
DatMan said:
effex3508 said:
my manual was not readily available at the time of my post, as i am sure many thought, 'read your manual, dummy!" lol!
There have been instances when these lights have come on (plus one more if I remember correctly but don't remember which one) due to the brake fluid being low... it's a very quick check just to make sure... and sometimes the low brake fluid is more of an indication of your brake pads needing to be replaced soon...
I would tun the code and see what tripped those lights to be sure, any auto shop will do for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.