Seven Speed Transmission Re-Flash Report - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seven Speed Transmission Re-Flash Report

With Infiniti releasing a Re-Flash for the 7 speed transmissions used on the generation II vehicles I called my dealer yesterday and made an appointment to have our FX re-flashed this morning. I arrived at 9:30 and was re-flashed, had a car wash and on the road my 10:30. The tech said he thought the re-flash made a big difference. Well I also think it makes a big difference. The car downshifts easier and it seems to have crisper shifts. I would highly recommed having your 7 speed transmission re-flashed, it was worth the trip to the dealer and it was of course free.
Bill

2009 FX35, Blue Slate Ext, Wheat Int, Touring, Premium, Nav Packages, Splash Guards, Cargo Protector and organizer, Illuminated kick plates, matching tint on front windows, matching door moldings, Bumper Guard, 18 OEM Wheels with Blizzacks, OEM Rubber floor mats, K&N Air Filters.
2003 50th Anniversary drop top Corvette
1959 Ford Sunliner drop top show queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bradical Send a message via MSN to bradical
Re: Seven Speed Transmission Re-Flash Report

my dealer said he never heard of such a thing.

of course, they have really gone downhill in the past year and the new guys there are terrible. my last service was the worst ive ever had.

Zaino shine! | Eibach Pro-Kit | Stillen STB | +2 | K&N filter | dual ORG stickers | Sirius/stealth antenna | dual JL 8" subs | bug deflector
#3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical
my dealer said he never heard of such a thing.

of course, they have really gone downhill in the past year and the new guys there are terrible. my last service was the worst ive ever had.
My dealer didn't know about it either until I gave them the ITB number and an explanation of what it did. I have included the information for you to give to your dealer. It's ashame we have to supply our dealers with the information to service 50K dollar vehicles.
Classification: Reference: Date:
AT09-009 ITB09-032 June 24, 2009
Bill

2009 FX35, Blue Slate Ext, Wheat Int, Touring, Premium, Nav Packages, Splash Guards, Cargo Protector and organizer, Illuminated kick plates, matching tint on front windows, matching door moldings, Bumper Guard, 18 OEM Wheels with Blizzacks, OEM Rubber floor mats, K&N Air Filters.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bradical Send a message via MSN to bradical

cool...

thanks bill

Zaino shine! | Eibach Pro-Kit | Stillen STB | +2 | K&N filter | dual ORG stickers | Sirius/stealth antenna | dual JL 8" subs | bug deflector
#5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM

I am taking my car in for getting the steering wheel comfort setting motor repaired. I will ask the incompetent service rep if he has heard anything about this. I am pretty sure he will look at me as if I am speaking some other language, so I guess I will mention him the reference number for the re-flash.

Btw, what does ITB stand for?

09 FX50S > without the goodies that you get in the States
#6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 PM

You can download PDF files of this service bulletin from here: http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/local_l ... ?catid=300

You need to register first.

Hope this helps you dealing with imcompetent service rep.

2009 FX50S (Traded in) - Tech/Sports/Summer Tire, Liquid Platinum/Graphite. Splash Guard/Crossbars

2011 QX56 with everything
#7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 AM

Well I just got my car back, and they did do the re-flash. I actually had to make the "engineer" at Infiniti drive the car along with me to explain the problem to him. At first he was saying that the downshift from 4th to 3rd (at around 30mph) was "normal". I told him yes it is normal, but Infiniti has improved the downshift so it doesnt feel as jerky as it is now. I even showed him the ITB which I had printed out and taken along. He was then telling me that the ITB is only for US spec cars (smart ass $#$@#$ figured it out because it said mph and not kph), so I had to explain to him that Gulf spec cars dont have a different transmission program. Anyways he went and spoke to his boss who finally okayed it. Honestly, anybody who complains about after-sales service in the US or Europe needs to come and live in this part of the world!

Anyways, the transmission does seem to shift smoother now, but its still not creamy smooth which is how I would like a $60k car to be.

09 FX50S > without the goodies that you get in the States
#8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 PM

I hope someone in the home office is reading our forum and this post. Infiniti has issued the ITB on the transmission re-flash and the dealers are not wanting to install the re-flash. My service manager told me Infiniti pays for ther re-flash, so then what's the problem? At least once my dealer was aware of the re-flash he didn't make me jump through any other hoops.

I drove the FX about 100 miles yesterday in city and xway driving. I think the transmission shifts better all the way around. It doens't have to hunt for the right gear any longer and the down shifts in all gears seems smoother. Glad I had it done,.
Bill

#9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 AM

I just had the 7500 mile service yesterday! Wish I had known this sooner!! I am not happy with the way the car downshifts.

09 Infiniti FX35 (Blue Slate / Graphite)
Premium, Navigation, & Technology, Wheel Locks, Window Tint, OZ Sardegna 20s w/ Paradas

09 Infiniti G37 Coupe (Moonlight White / Stone)
Journey, Premium, Navigation, Tech, Illuminated Kick Plates, Window Tint, Wheel Locks
#10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 PM

I brought mine in and they tired to do it but no part number came up as required by the ITB. My FX shifts like crap and not just the 4-3 downshift. I've brought it in 3 times for drivability issues and nothing. I can't believe this didn't apply to my car

I haven't updated my profile and I have a 09 FX35 now. I miss my 06.

Current line-up: 06 FX35, 04 VW R32, & 70 BMW 2002

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page