User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quixotica
CD player replaced

I'm wondering who else has had to have their CD player replaced and what anyone can tell me about the quality of the CD players in the FX? I have a 2004 FX35 that I bought in November of '03. A few weeks ago I was listening to one CD and tried to switch to another and suddenly the player wouldn't recognize or play *any* of them! I got an error msg that said, "check disc" and that's it. My dealer finally installed a replacement yesterday and I didn't even make it out of the lot before I discovered the "new" one didn't work either! This time it wouldn't let you load a CD unless you forced it. This is honestly the first time I've ever been unhappy or disgruntled with Infiniti and I'm not sure whether or not to trust the next one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Re: CD player replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotica
I'm wondering who else has had to have their CD player replaced and what anyone can tell me about the quality of the CD players in the FX? I have a 2004 FX35 that I bought in November of '03. A few weeks ago I was listening to one CD and tried to switch to another and suddenly the player wouldn't recognize or play *any* of them! I got an error msg that said, "check disc" and that's it. My dealer finally installed a replacement yesterday and I didn't even make it out of the lot before I discovered the "new" one didn't work either! This time it wouldn't let you load a CD unless you forced it. This is honestly the first time I've ever been unhappy or disgruntled with Infiniti and I'm not sure whether or not to trust the next one...
I think it's an isolated incident. I have not heard of CD players going bad.
BTW... WELCOME to InfinitiFX.org !

http://www.JAVISports.com Your only stop for Car Mirror Covers NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, College and more !
'03 FX45 BSilver w/07 smoked lights, 07 high polish wheels, stealth XM, STB, LMS CAI, TS ECU, +2 Advance, General Exclaim UHP shoes!
Do it by the book but be the author!
#3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 PM

Re: CD player replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZZZAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotica
I think it's an isolated incident. I have not heard of CD players going bad.
BTW... WELCOME to InfinitiFX.org !
The same thing happened to mine a year ago. Dealer replaced it and no problems since.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM

I guess it is becoming more common. 20 miles out of LA on the way to Vegas this weekend, same problem.... no CDs work, Check Disk error ('04 FX35). That is a looong way to go without tunes. The dealer ordered a new player today, and said he's seen this problem before.

2X FX owner.. 2004 FX35/2009FX50S
#5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to quixotica
Thanks for the replies! I've now driven 2,000 miles since the dealer first said they could fix my CD player...maybe my problem is more with my dealer lol
#6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:36 PM

Lots of us have had the CD player replaced(they do not fix them in house). I would have guessed that after 3 model years some improvement would have been made

2003 Blk/ Blk/Brk,FX45,airhorn,VDCreversed,angeleyes,elect fan,
6K&3KYfogHID ,STB,H&R,KYB,8wiregrnd,20x10,iForgedTrial,Toyo265/45x20,
Wasa'sContraptionCAI,,+14BDC,crsdrlrtrs,HPS,SS BrLn,TS/flash,,UTR Y
#7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 AM

Exactly one month into my new DREAM CAR the CD player malfunctioned! (won't play or eject, with message of "Push eject") The dealer is ordering a new replacement as of now and I'll be sure to ask if this is common! Just wanted to put this problem on the record for anyone who reads this topic.
Love my 05 FX 35 DG nonetheless! Just hope the second CD player holds up...

Ricky - SF Bay Area
#8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 01:34 PM

My CD PLayer went bad yesterday. "Disc Error" problem & not disc play at all. Will have to call immediately. Ridiculous, but somehow I feel better knowing it's not just me.

2004 FX35 Golden Sand/Willow ll Touring ll Sport ll K&N Flat Panel ll de-badged ["FX" on the tailgate]
#9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM

Same problem over here.
My CD Changer malfunctions as well..

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Does anyone know what the price is for a new player?

Thanks,
tony
#10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:26 PM

Warrenty covered

2003 Blk/ Blk/Brk,FX45,airhorn,VDCreversed,angeleyes,elect fan,
6K&3KYfogHID ,STB,H&R,KYB,8wiregrnd,20x10,iForgedTrial,Toyo265/45x20,
Wasa'sContraptionCAI,,+14BDC,crsdrlrtrs,HPS,SS BrLn,TS/flash,,UTR Y

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, F45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page