bubbling dash - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bubbling dash

hey guy im new to the site please i need help..

my dash is bubbling and i was wondering if anyone in toronto have this problem and what i should say to the dealer when i call them...thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: bubbling dash

There is a recall on the dash for the bubbling problem. Your dealer will know about it. They'll need the car for the whole day so make other plans. Also be prepared for just a little texture difference from the old dash to the new dash. The new one has a rougher feel. Lastly, make sure they put the grills for the BOSE speakers on so they are level. Sometimes when they push them back in, they do it too hard on one side or another.

I think there were some other thread's here on this topic. Do a search to see other expereinces.

NEW - 2010 FX35 AWD - Midnight Mocha -- Java Interior - Premium Package, Navigation, Deluxe Touring, Technology Package
K&N Drop in Filters (2)
35% Tint on Front Windows
Yokohama Parada Spec-X's

OLD -2006 FX35 - Black - Touring Package
K&N drop-in air filter, 20% tint on front windows, single wheat pinstripe
Yokohama Avid V4S
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 PM

It's not really a recall but rather an extended warranty, but I do not think it applies to Canadian vehicles. If under the original warranty, it should be covered...

'10 QX56 - Current. $63k MSRP and no compass...?
'06 FX45 - Former
'05 FX35 - Former

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've got an '04 and had the bubbling dash replacement in 08- it's bubbling again! Out of warranty as far as I know.

So far just 3 little zits and one "big" one- big being about half a pinky nail (1/4 inch) around. These are NOT surrounding the vents like it clearly was before. The main bubble is an issue with the stuff under the top layer/coating rising, in the middle of the dash- it's not an issue of the top layer separating (like the top vinyl coming off the under-plastic, which I could pop, inject glue, and then press overnight)- more like the foamy stuff under the top black layer of... plastic? vinyl? is zitting up. If I press it down, I get a depression around the zit, like a moat, and the bubble comes right back, but with a dent around it- the dent fades over an hour or so.

This is a very recent formation- like in the last 3 weeks. I noticed one, and looked for more, didn't see any- then I've noticed more over the last few weeks. NEVER any Armor All or anything like that- no rubbing, no contact with this section at all. Maybe some Vinylx once a year, tops- over 9 months ago at least (probably when I last clayed the car- so a year??). Otherwise, just a quick leaf blower and/or a swipe with a water-damp rag.

I'm willing to be the tester if anyone has an idea of something I can inject and put a book on overnight. I have some 29 gauge (tiny and would plug easy- can shoot thin stream of water a couple of feet) and 16 gauge (can sort of get a little caulk through them, or shoot water 20-ish feet) needles I'm willing to use if anyone has any ideas of stuff to use. But I think I'd have to puncture the swelling, which seems like the under-foam- about a 1/4 inch of foam-ish stuff under the top vinyl, with maybe something additional (another 1/4 inch of harder foam?) before the hard stuff that forms the foundation of the dashboard.

Anyone ever tear/cut into the dash and see the layers before you get to the hard stuff? Thanks in advance, Teen FX without clearasil...

04 RWD-BS/Grph '35-Touring-railless-shaved-Ztek yback exhaust (PM me B4 buying Z-tek) Crawford plenum-ztube/sincity mod-JWT popper-lower billet grille-Stillen STB-20s w/Yoko ENVigors (3/11).
FINALLY on car: H&R Springs. Now on!!.. 20mm Ichiba spacers!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

To the OP, follow this link and you will see this post about 1/2 way down:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13121&start=75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_i
Good news for all canadian FXers: I just received the same letter saying that Infiniti Canada is extending the warranty for 8 years and they will refund any previous expenses related to the dashboard!

that's great news
So you should be fine... call your dealership and if they don't wanna take care of it, call INFINITI directly and they've been doing a good job of setting the dealerships straight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislexicFXnaf
I've got an '04 and had the bubbling dash replacement in 08- it's bubbling again! Out of warranty as far as I know.
Several guys have done the dash replacement multiple times... since it's an 8 year unlimited mileage warranty extension, I'm sure you're still covered... call your dealership before you "damage" the dash and then they can decline the warranty...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislexicFXnaf
If I recall correctly the new warranty on the dash is 8 years and unlimited mileage so you should still be covered,

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 PM

bubbling dash

Just had mine replaced 3 weeks ago on a 2005, took them all day but I got a loan car from the dealer so it was good. Just tell them that you know that there's a recall and you think that your dash is starting to bubble, you should be ok. I have 05' and they extended the warranty until 2013 with unlimited miles on it.

The speakers grill was brand new also the sides vents, pay attention that they put sound system back in tight enough and also mirror controls. I had to take mine back for it, I've got mine done in bischoff Infiniti in san jose CA, excellent service!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 AM

My 08 fx35 is bubbling, unfortunately I'm not resident in the US nor in Canada so I have to bear the cost of the replacement myself. Where is the best and cheapest place I can get the dash (i plan to ship it from wherever to my location) and does anyone have a step by step how to on replacing the dash....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I would check both SEWELL PARTS and WWW.INFINITIPARTSUSA.COM

The first one, you'll need to do a Google search for... I can never remember their web address...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/

They also use part numbers for many of their parts.

05 FX35, Silverstone, Graphite, Touring, Escutcheon, Sport Pedals, LED Dtrl's(thanks rookie), Stillen STB, +2 Timing, Stillen CAI, LMS Z-Tube, Grrrowwl!!, Plenum is next (OK - well - actually the G35 E-brake pedal is next, but I swear, something is going to happen with that plenum).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page