Cup Holder Insert for Center Console (2007 FX-35) - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cup Holder Insert for Center Console (2007 FX-35)

Does someone have the part number for the cup holder insert that goes in the center console - all I can find is the part number for the entire console. The plastic piece that holds the spring broke on mine and I would like to order a new one.

Thanks.

PortlandZinMan
Portland, OR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Cup Holder Insert for Center Console (2007 FX-35)

I don't think you can order it by itself... might wanna check some junkyards...

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake, MEGAN Coilovers, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
#3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Dat is correct. My cupholder "insert" broke a few years back because I tried to fit one of those monsterous cups from a fast food joint in there. Anyway, I looked everywhere and finally called Infiniti Parts USA, and they informed me that the insert is not sold seperately -- you have to buy the entire cup holder assembly to get that part. Luckily, Wireboltman had an extra insert and I was able to buy that one. Good luck finding one.

Current: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport V6 | White | 2WD |
Previous: 2006 Titan LE CC | Smoke | 2WD |
Previous: 2004 FX35 | D. Graphite | RWD | Sport | 20" EXE Konkave | Yoko Parada Spec-X | MD 1/2" Iso Thermal | +2 | Clear Tails | Bat Overlays | S/S Brake Lines | Strong Strut STB | View pictures!
#4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
Dat is correct. My cupholder "insert" broke a few years back because I tried to fit one of those monsterous cups from a fast food joint in there. Anyway, I looked everywhere and finally called Infiniti Parts USA, and they informed me that the insert is not sold seperately -- you have to buy the entire cup holder assembly to get that part. Luckily, Wireboltman had an extra insert and I was able to buy that one. Good luck finding one.
Wow... Thanks!

PortlandZinMan
Portland, OR
#5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM

The spring loaded insert on my 2004 FX35 broke a few months ago. After I found out the replacement part was $140 I got to work with some small diameter brass tubing and some JB Weld and it works like new, doesn't look repaired, and is definitely stronger than it was originally.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Just wait for the Auto Show and swipe one from the display unit

Just kidding

2009 FX35 AWD *Plat Graphite-Graphite Int * Nav * Tech * Touring * Premium * Tow* * Illum Kick Plates * ClearBra * WeatherTech Mats * Color Match Trim * Stock 20’s Powder-Coated Black * Winter 18’s w/ Blazzaks * Engine Bay Covers * Front Tint * LED Mirror Covers * Python Remote Start/Alarm/Smart Start * Passport 9500ci *

RIP 2006 FX35 * Liquid Plat * Touring * Sport * Tech * Tow * Nav Mod, iPod *
#7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 PM

i know this thread is old but better than starting a new one right?

anyone else have any luck finding one of these? called all the local junkyards no one even has an FX for me to get one. looks like i may pay the 140 bucks....
#8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax

Skip local junk yards. Search all of them here: www.car-part.com

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
#9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM

John (and all) .... a word of warning about www.car-part.com.

It's not really specifically about that website but about junkyards in general. I recently had to replace the power steering pump on my wife's Maxima. Being away from home since January and only home every other or every 4th weekend and being home ONLY for the weekend, replacing the pump was a bit tough. I had my wife do research and call around via car-part.com. She found 3 yards that had a pump. I was home one weekend and was going to go to one of the yards to pick up the pump. I googled the yard for their address and found some negative reviews. I checked the other two places and had bad reviews as well. So, something you probably want to do is research reviews. Take them with a grain of salt but I see lots of places that tell you they have the part but don't wind up having it and waste your time going there or they try to give you the wrong part. Some places have horrible customer service and, as can be expected, when they give you the wrong part, "all sales are final" What I finally did was went out on a limb and decided that a junkyard not having *ANY* reviews was better than one with two negative reviews and one questionable mediocre review. It worked out well for me (and I did give them a good positive review). So, in the end, be careful with junkyards and cross-reference reviews of the yard.

I looked and didn't see a listing for the cupholder part. OP, you'll probably have to call around to some yards. If you don't have luck, the yard I went to that was decent (and ships) is Port Murray Auto Salvage in Sussex County, NJ

douchebag extraordinaire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page