FX35 Passenger-side door lock actuators - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, F45 and FX50 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FX35 Passenger-side door lock actuators

Can anyone please let me know what the part numbers are for the following:

2003 Infiniti FX35
Passenger-side, front door lock actuator
Passenger-side, rear door lock actuator
Gas door lock actuator

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Re: FX35 Passenger-side door lock actuators

Called up Orlando Infiniti to get an idea as to how much it will cost to have it fixed...$475 per door lock. This will amount to more than $1000 including taxes. What a ripoff. The part alone costs $287.00. If I find aftermarket parts, I will likely be selling this vehicle. It will be too expensive to keep it once something needs fixing.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if you're talking about these parts?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=2

If so, that website has them for $154.21... and if you get another mechanic to do the work (instead of paying insane dealership service prices) it shouldn't cost too much... probably 1/2 of what you were quoted at the dealership.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake, MEGAN Coilovers, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
#4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM

Those look like the right part for the front doors. I still can't believe they cost that much. I thought they would cost much less. Oh well, I may have to bite the bullet since I still have to fix it in order to sell it. Anyway, thanks for your help, my fellow Canuck. Appreciate it.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

So what ended up happening that all 3 would break down?

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake, MEGAN Coilovers, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...
#6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax

Try a car audio shop. You can probably fit aftermarket actuators in there, usually for $75-100 a piece installed. We do it all the time for other vehicles. I never checked to see if it is doable in the FX though. The shop will be able to tell if they can adapt it to the cable mechanism.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
#7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM

No clue at all. The rear passenger-side went first. I was able to take apart the door and lubricated what I thought needed lubricating. It started working again. A few weeks later, the front passenger-side went. Tried to do the same workaround, no luck. Then, the rear passenger-side went and finally, no luck. Now, the gas door luck was a PITA. It went out in the locked position and I only found out when I was trying to fill up with gas. I couldn't open the darned thing. After struggling with it, I went and looked at the rear hatch and saw that there was a cutout to access the gas door lock. So, I manually unlocked it. But, it's stays unlocked now and does not respond to the door fobs.

I did have an episode where the car wouldn't start. This happened when I was up in Mississauga during one of the coldest days of the winter last year (early 2007, not this past winter). I was able to start it up using a duplicate key (my wife's) and took it to Woodchester Infiniti. They diagnosed it as corrosion to a ground contact point after hours of troubleshooting. They cleaned it up and all was well with that issue. But, after that episode, these issues started popping up. Sigh.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM

If I pursue an aftermarket actuator, would it still work with the OEM keyless entry?
#9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax

Yep.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
#10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM

Gonna try and see if I can find a good car audio shop here in Orlando. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, F45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page